How heavy is LPG?

davidmac

I have a 40lt onboard LPG tank , the fridge uses 300 gm per 24 hours.If someone could tell me how much 1lt of LPG weighs I could figure out how long the tank will last.I also have Truma gas heating /hot water and gas cooker/ hob but need somewhere to start.

Regards David

Where did you get the 300g per day figure from. I ask as fridge gas consumption is highly dependent on the weather.The hotter it get the more gas is used.

I take it you really want to know how long you can expect from each tankfull.

I fitted a refillable bottle back in 2008 and since have kept a note of how much gas we have used in the 158 nights away. By strange coincidence the figures coincide at 158 litres so its a litre per day.

That is with only using electric HU for about 25% of the time when the battery needs a boost.

Normally if available we use site showers but otherwise use all the vans facilities at shows or on aires etc..

George Collings - 2012-04-13 8:19 PM

Where did you get the 300g per day figure from? I ask as fridge gas consumption is highly dependent on the weather...

The technical data section of my Dometic RM-7605L fridge/freezer's manual contains a gas consumption figure based on 24hrs usage (in my case 380g). This is defined as "Average consumption measured at an average ambient temperature of 25°C in pursuance of ISO Standard".

I 'budget' for an LPG usage of around 1 litre per day, but this can reduce dramatically, of course, if a campsite 230V hook-up is exploited a lot, or rise significantly if touring off-campsite in cold weather when the motorhome's gas-greedy heater is brought into play.

Once again thanks for all your replies. Having just started with the motorhome I am pick up on any problems before we set off on any long trips. AS well as the refillable tank there is also a 13kg bottle plus room for another. LPG seems available at many filling stations so will just go with 1 bottle for emergency use.Based upon usage of others we should have no problems.

Regards David

Archived