sundance l630 05

granddad

I have this model and I love it but beware !

Mine had a tow bar fitted and a cycle rack. Because of the large rear overhang the tow bar stretches right back to the main vehicle chassis. I found that due to the cantilever effect I was overweight on my rear axle.I removed the tow bar and now it is OK.Mine was made by towtal and it was very heavy.

On the original brochure in the specification list it is shown as not suitable for towing.

This model was also prone to the delamination problem on the floor. Mine was sorted out by Swift at their factory. Check underneath and see if it has the black plastic coated plywood flooring. Check all around the edges where the floor meets the skirts underneath and inside. Look for any area that is soft and spongy.

The Sundance 630L was a longish design (7.5m) and its considerable rear overhang is very evident from the 2nd photo on this advert.

http://tinyurl.com/buvzavn

As grasscutter advises, you'd need to be very careful about rear-axle loading, plus the potential effect on handling that A-frame towing a car might have. It would also be wise to note grasscutter's comment that Swift's original brochure indicated that this model was not suitable for towing.

If you did decide to tow with a 630L, I suggest you ensure that the rear suspension is fitted with air-assistance (eg. Airide, Drive-Rite) , otherwise there's every chance you'd have problems with 'grounding' beneath the tow-bar.

We have an 06 Sundance 590 RS only a 5 berth, and only 4 seat belts, so not what you are looking for. We had the floor done at Swift factory. I think (I have not looked , my Oh has) The black bitumum paint means it has been done. Do make sure about the floor, as I doubt that swift would do it for a second owner (I may be wrong) as they did ours under warranty, even though it had expired. Made a great job of it. The floor is now stronger than it was at new, and the step does not "Give" when stepping on it.

We love our van , suits our requirements for long trips abroad for two people.

PJay

Archived