Oyster vision mk1 satellite dish

Kimles

Hi there everyone my first time of using this site, just recently I bought a motorhome for the first time after many many years of dreaming of owning one well have been busily cleaning and getting her ready for the open road finding lots to repair or replace well I got to the satellite system plugged it all in and hey presto it just kept turning around unable to find a satellite ,I then made a several phone calls and to my horror found that the system I have is redundant and that I have to pay £700 to upgrade which all that means is that the brains inside gets changed well call me pickey but that seems an awful lot of money for the box does anybody out there know how I can get around this problem

Hi & Welcome to the forum

There has been a number of threads on this issue very recently. Suggest you search this forum under 'Oyster' and /or Satelite Systems and catch up with the comments.

From what I can gather it is not good news if you want an automatic system but there is a way round it if using it manually.

Mike

PS Try this link first for more info:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=27104&posts=20

Check with Oyster Tech UK as your controller may not be redundant just yet. A friend has one that lost the ability to find Astra 2 and several sources told him it was U/S and £700 to replace controller. Anyway I did a bit of research and found oyster tech (01858 575928). You need to open up the controller (four screws on the rear) and check the number on the chip inside, if the last three digits are 103 then yes it is U/S and has to be replaced. If the last three digits are 128 however then you can send it to Oyster Tech and they can reprogram it for £56 inc VAT and delivery back to you. Be aware they can only reprogram it once, if Astra 2 bods muck the channel frequencies around again then it will become redundant and have to be replaced.

D.

Guest peter
When did they change from 1 to 2, Dave. As I don't know which version I have, IIRC it is of 2004 vintage. It's the d900 black box.

Archived