WHICH VAN INSURANCE?

Bulletguy

Hello again,

Bit of an update. Phoned Adrian Flux to let them know that I was going to change from them to Safeguard (They were cheaper last year and were quite prepared to take next years Insurance cash from my bank if I let things pass and accepted their quote) and they came back with a cheaper quote by @£25.

As there is a possibility that we may be over/under the channel in the next 12months I "stuck" with safeguard......... The EU breakdown cover being the deciding factor, not that I expect any problems.......

However, it just shows that if one is prepared to get involved, savings can be made. In effect @£30 for 1/2 hour of chat..........Tax free savings, like it.

Latest renewal offer: Caravan Guard £378( been with them 5 years) reduced offer to £340 when I rang. Saga £306 for same cover as far as I can see. Any reason not to go with Saga? Your expert experience appreciated.

JudgeMental - 2012-05-03 10:20 AM

its your post code that makes all the difference price wise..being in London ours are always well above what I see quoted on these type of threads :-S

safeguard very good during and after a claim, premium has not risen substantially, could have maybe got

it a bit cheaper elsewhere.but happy to stay with them, as they are good when things go wrong!

This is so true we live over 2 miles outside the city but we are still saddled with a " PR1 " postcode.

When you try to ask why our insurance cost are so high they generally say " that`s what happens when you live in the city "

When our daughter got married she moved a few miles away and went from a PR1 to a PR4 postcode.

Her car insurance almost halved overnight !

So it just shows that it has to be down to your postcode.

We have recently had an experience with the Caravan Club regarding insurance, we recently wanted to add a little run about car to limit the van usage between trips, dispit many years of cover and a current premium of around £320 for a car we were considerd to be new drivers premium for the car over £700 the vans value over £18 thou the car roughly £1000 no wonder youngster cant get on the road.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived