Combination Insurance and European breakdown cover

kevandali

Hi Everyone. We have just taken our first step into the motorhome world and bought a Swift Kontiki 640L. I have read past posts on Insurance but not found what I am after. I would like to hear from anyone who has taken out Motorhome Insurance recently which is combined with European breakdown cover. Which company did you use, are you happy with the quote? We are travelling into France in July, once I have learnt how to drive it better, and at the moment we do not know what extra things we need to consider when heading into Europe. Again, all help much appreciated Kevandali

Hi Kevandali I've had my vehicle insurance with Comfort www.comfort-insurance.co.uk/ for 8 years. You get cover in the EU+ for 365 days of the year and you can opt for recovery as well. Comfort are one of the very few insurers that would cover us for Turkey and Morocco. They issue free a Green Card (small admin fee) for certain countries for up to 120 days, You can have more if you pay. I think they are quite good for full timers as well. We also have a combined House/Travel/Medical insurance with them that allows us to be away and leave the property empty for up to 180 days. Bearing in mind we are both over 70 with pre-existing medical conditions. The deal we have with Comfort could not be matched by any other insurer in fact most would not even quote. Regards Don

Guest gootler
if you click here: http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/magazines/magazine.asp?mt=Which%20Motorcaravan&iy=2006&in=April then you can read the insurance review that appeared in Which Motorcaravan Magazine in April- you'll also notice that comfort were joiont winners!!

Hi Kev and Ali, Congratulations on your new Motorhome purchase, the KonTiki 640L, we owned three KonTiki's [from 1991 - 1997] and had immense fun in them, especially attending the SMOC [owners club] Rallies. I have no idea if they are still a 'good crowd' to have fun with. Regarding your Combined Insurance query; as all the other Postings, so far, we are with COMFORT, and have been for some 15 years. The same as Don, we also have their Breakdown/Recovery/Medical cover for all of Europe {west of Russia!], we chose the 60 day maximum single trip cover, it is a little more premium to extend this to 90 days or, longer. Actually, last year I moved ALL our insurances to COMFORT - the House plus Contents, Car and Travel Insurances, at an amazing PREMIUM SAVING of £403.00 in total, against our previous various Insurers, so have already renewed ALL POLICIES with them for 2006/2007. I didn't even bother to seek alternative quotes - when you are happy with a product, why change. I wholeheartedly endorse the recommendations of everyone else and suggest that you approach COMFORT for your Insurance needs. Best wishes, Greynomad

Hi kevandali, Try Safeguard theres cover is for Europe and includes Breakdown with recovery. We have had there insurance for 7years now and have had to use the Breakdown in France, all went well and smoothly, including 4 nights in a very good Hotel plus hire car. David

Archived