2010 Hymer b544

100kilo

flicka - 2012-04-29 10:49 PM

Hi Lennie

Brownhills are still Hymer dealers, just that they have lost their exclusivity.

http://www.hymer.com/cms/en/service1/dealers/Suche.html?country=GB&city=&radius=300

They told a fellow Hymer Club member who went there last Tuesday they were no longer selling Hymers but would do warranty work for the next 2 years.

Have to see how it pans out & if they are still listed as dealers in a month or two, they are probably a bit miffed they won't be able to make their ridiculous mark ups on Hymers in the future.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to reply too late for your trip but by now you will know how well sited Cabopino is. Lots going for it not least the cracking little marina and plenty of superb beaches only a stones throw away.

Mario's bar is a classic watering hole with an Elvis night every Thursday. The 2 swimming pools are always well maintained and a 5 star restaurant on site too. Where else could one get so much in small locality?

Re my moan about the 2010 B544 - the 1996 E650 I had prior to it had no significant faults, a bit underpowered, but it needed no replacement parts in 19,000 miles of happy motoring up and down europe and GB.

When people buy the Hymer brand they had better not be expecting the Hymer of old and they had better complain loud and long if they get inferior locks and catches, door seals and missing items. Our step ladder was not the only important item we lacked - I forgot to mention the absence of carpets which Jan needed to insist they obtain and post on.

So defend your Hymer by all means (we aren't criticising your vans) but don't carp at us for taking a pot at this firm whose customer loyalty is trumped by shareholders dividends.

Janet and John

Re my moan about the 2010 B544 - the 1996 E650 I had prior to it had no significant faults, a bit underpowered, but it needed no replacement parts in 19,000 miles of happy motoring up and down europe and GB.

When people buy the Hymer brand they had better not be expecting the Hymer of old and they had better complain loud and long if they get inferior locks and catches, door seals and missing items. Our step ladder was not the only important item we lacked - I forgot to mention the absence of carpets which Jan needed to insist they obtain and post on.

So defend your Hymer by all means (we aren't criticising your vans) but don't carp at us for taking a pot at this firm whose customer loyalty is trumped by shareholders dividends.

Janet and John

Janet and John

Janet and John and you are right, the Hymer is way warmer at night...... ;-)

Janet and John ps I didn't invent a 400 mile round trip to Brownhills for a recall which no one could justify or explain.

Archived