Window blinds

snowblade

I have a Sundance 590rs and the window blinds are rattling so bad it's driving me and the wife bananas. I would like to take them off and replace them with integral pleated blinds, could anyone tell me where I can purchase them please. Lack of swift dealerships around where I live. thanks

Before you replace your window blinds try putting the blind under tension slightly by partially raising them if this doesn't work I'd be wary of changing to the pleated type as they are what's fitted to my Rapido and if I don't slightly raise the blinds I too get a rattle, not as bad as on my last van but still there. The problem with lots of rattles etc. on motorhomes is because the parts were designed for caravans and it doesn't matter if they rattle. Not much comfort I know but look the cookers in older vans and notice how the burner on the cooker are not screwed down! later models are and don't rattle. Bill Ord

Hi Snowblade, like Bill says try a bit of tension, If that does not work, go to a DIY plumbing dept: and get those plastic foam strips that open up and clip around water pipe to prevent freezing. Pop them on to the metal strip of the blind and that should do the trick. you can cut what ever size you require to stop the rattle, but if you have it full width it stops that chink of light coming in at sunrise. Some motor homers use clothes pegs, but that is a bit fiddley. Noisey rattlimg blinds are enough to drive anyone to drink, all the best, hope you beat the problem OK, David Powell.

Hi just an idea that you might like to try, you know the window stays have a habit of rattling as they are alluminium, the male extending part inside on mine rattled when closed, like you i was sure it was the blinds and it took ages to track down but if you just tap them while closed you'll produce the noise you may be looking for. If it does turn out to be the stays open the windows to extend the arm and at the point where the two parts make contact when in the closed position just wrap round the male part some pvc insulation tape,and have miles of rattle free driving. all the best . Nig

Archived