Fell out wih me neighbours

nightrider

A bit off topic but my MiL had a neighbour from hell - he was a real nasty piece of work. He actually went round and banged on her back door at 9 pm (when she was in bed) to complain that he did not like the fact that she was having new fencing panels fitted (they were on her land) - there were other instances too such as trying to dictate what plants she planted in her garden - He was (still is) unbelievable.

But he was not just awful to my MiL - but to others as well. So when the nieghbour opposite him painted the rendering under his front window a kind of pink colour, Misery guts (as he is known) went over and complained and demanded that they change the colour "because I have to look at that all day!"

The chap whose house it was answerred this by painting his garage door the same colour! And that was directly opposite Misery Guts front window!! (lol) (lol)

To have good neighbours is a godsend, in the garden business that I am in i come across and sometimes get dragged into neighbour disputes such as the height of shared hedges and overhanging tree's.

Many a time I have had to separate fighting neighbours and not only male combatants but women also!

There is a brother and sister who live in our road who could easily be classed as neighbours from hell. They are so extreme that most of us find them amusing and are constantly looking at ways of winding them up for our amusement. Not that I would stoop so low you understand.

Guest pelmetman

I honestly think we had the neighbour from hell at our last house. Even before we had signed contracts she was sending her husband round to lay down the law and in retrospect alarm bells should have started ringing but the house was the "Escape to the country" chocolate box cottage which we both fell in love with and even though I can be quite fiery Dave is anything for the quiet life.......................until pushed too far.

I could actually write a book on the arguments that happened between her and us.

To cut things short let me explain:-

Either side of our drive we had two large trees which we presumed, as you would belonged to us. Over the years our neighbour used to come round and say how the trees were causing shadow over her property and would we mind having them lopped. Of course, us being good neighbours we agreed and had tree surgeons into lop them, this went on for several years until one year we arrived back from holiday and saw that our neighbour had put up a fence with the tree in her side in her garden.

When Dave went round to ask her why she said "yes the tree is mine you ****head", as you can imagine I was devastated as we had been really good neighbours to her, making her curtains, helping with decorating and doing her garden, looking after her dog and goat as she was divorced by then.

Unfortunately Dave got annoyed and started to wind her up on purpose. Which ended up with her spending several thousands of pounds on fencing.

It's just as well we moved after that :-)

Sue

If you want a neighbour from hell how bout one that throws light bulbs into your garden while your dog is ou there? The dog was already of a nervous disposition but if the popping light bulbs didn't upset her enough she then ran the risk of walking through broken glass and wire from the broken bulbs. He used to beat his girlfriend up but that was his biggest mistake as she was a member of her majesty's armed forces and when her colleagues found out he regretted his actions, big time!

Yes he was our neighbour!

D.

How strange that much of the posts above have me nodding in agreement as very similar happened with my MiL's neighbour.

First Trees - my FiL when he moved in planted a tree in his front garden and they complained saying it would affect their view. So they moved it. Then where they moved it to was not right either. So my FiL told them where to go.

Sadly my FiL died soon after.

Then the fun started with them bullying my MiL . If she did anything they "disliked" they would go round to he back door and shout at her. In the end my son and I went round and explained that this was going to stop now

They threatened us with the Police - so WE called the Police via a mobile right there in front of them. The Police came and gave THEM a talking to as we had already established that there had been complaints made against them be other neighbours, including the previous owners of my In-Laws property.

Have to say the look on the womans face in particular was priceless.

And you know what?

She goes to Church every Sunday dressed up to the nines

She also does voluntary work at our local Hospital.

What is it with some people?

Having seen those 'Neighbours From Hell' people who suffer this have my sympathy.

We've lived in five houses throughout our married life and thankfully have never suffered this in having got on well with them all.

Where I live at the moment, known as Fossil Hill to the residents, there isn't a nasty person despite one couple who doesn't speak to anyone for reasons only known to themselves.

Every year we have a party in one of our gardens. Our turn this year. We are very happy there and as I tell people, for me it's next stop the mortuary.

Sadly our daughter and family haven't been so lucky. Private landlords have bought up a couple of properties and now undesirables live there. One chap, an alcoholic, has numerous immigrants living there who also drink all day. The postman told my daughter he even has beds in his shed. Thankfully she has been told by a PCSO that he is in the process of being evicted.

Again to those of you who have neighbours from hell you have my sympathy and in this day and age people shouldn't have to suffer this.

I'm not sure whether some folk have any concept of the real world.

Recently a house nearby came available to rent. A family moved in, and whilst moving in, the neighbour, who has always seemed a reasonable sort of chap to me informed them of the parking situation.

He told them that his 3 cars park in X Y & Z spots and they may park their 1 car in what's left.

One small point. It's a public highway.

Talk about winding someone up as they move in, I'd have shot him. Twice.

Martyn

I am in the fortunate situation in having good neighbours, Gary my next door neighbour is in the CCTV and home security installation business, lee is in the roofing business, Mike is an electrician and Dave at the top end of the street is a motor mechanic and of course there is me with a multitude of skills, we all jump in and help each other out as and when needed and not a penny changes hands, to have good neighbours has got to be worth a couple of grand on the value of your house.

We had bad neighbours in our last house in Hemel Hempstead. They fostered problematic boy teenagers and thought that was the best way to make a living. He was a FreeMason and he told me he was above the law because of it. They used to encourage the said foster kids to damage our property, play loud music, pee up our front fence, park across our drive. One day it got violent and that was it. My OH would've killed him if he got his hands on him, unfortunately or fortunately I got in the way and tried to calm it all down. The Police was called and they 'suggested' that we might like to move away - unbelieveable!

Unfortunately, they won as we did end up moving away. Now we have lovely neighbours and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

knight of the road - 2012-04-25 3:01 AM

I appear to have fell out with my neighbours just because I have hit on a money making idea, they dont like it coz I have applied to the council to erect a 400' wind turbine in me back garden, well if the queen can do it why can't I ?

I think you will find that most council members are getting fed up with big erections :$

An ex colleague of mine fostered two youngsters, a brother and sister. They were a delightful pair of kids, well behaved and polite. I don't think you should make sweeping statements that they're born evil.

bob b - 2012-05-03 8:40 PM

An ex colleague of mine fostered two youngsters, a brother and sister. They were a delightful pair of kids, well behaved and polite. I don't think you should make sweeping statements that they're born evil.

Read my post again, I did not make a sweeping statement I just said that a lot of them are born evil, not all.

Guest pelmetman
We have a "foster farm" next door but one........never had any problems.........but it seems like a nice earner, they used to run their own business but fostering has proved more lucrative........She did let slip a few years back that they would of liked to adopted the twins they were fostering........but would lose to much money ;-)

knight of the road - 2012-05-04 7:58 AM

bob b - 2012-05-03 8:40 PM

Read my post again, I did not make a sweeping statement I just said that a lot of them are born evil, not all.

Par for the course Malc, some people never read what's in front of them.

Archived