Biscarrosse area - worth a look?

Guest JudgeMental

Guest ChrisB

I now understand why others get so frustrated with this site. Where's the emoticon for pulling your hair out when you need it!

PS

Could neither add photos with original post or edit add/remove photos. All efforts resulted in Error 500 before I could attempt to upload attachements.

One more go to edit this posting before I disappear down the pub.

Last edit:

Wetherspoons here I come.

Eddie. Medical insurance is important - even in Benidorm but I know that many do rely on E111 cover as their only option due to age and pre existing conditions.

I have two recent examples from stays at Villasol which is close to you.. A lady on a nearby pitch saw the local GP and he advised her to immediately to go to the Emergency Room in the A and E in Alicante about 30 miles away. She had E111 cover only. Fortuneately they had a car. She had a heart attack. The husband had to liaise with the hospital and surprisingly there was a language barrier and there was considerable inconvenience of driving back and fore to the hospital from the campsite. Fortuneately all went well but the time lapse between seeing the GP and getting into the hospital could have been fatal.

The previous year a Dutchman next to me had a heart attack. He had private health insurance. He immediately was booked into the Levante private hospital across the road from the site and treated, an ambulance arrived within 5 minutes of the phone call to the insurers and he had relevant tests and treatment immediately. Again he survived.

I pay £134 per year for up to 90 days per trip with Insure and Go which includes minorish pre existing conditions for myself and wife and consider that a small sum to be covered appropriately.

In an emergency I know which service I would prefer especially as heart attack situations are time critical.

As far as Biscarosse is concerned I found it to be a totally depressing area but it was raining for the entire 3 days of my visit. It is good for cycling though as it's flat.

Guest JudgeMental
Caroline - 2012-04-27 1:08 PM

Small request Judge, could you tow the Sun back with you.

Please 8-)

well its deep in my bones so will be bringing it back.....how long the warm feeling lasts? probably not very long! Anyway, Italian Lakes and Tuscany to look forward to in July :-D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JudgeMental

Thanks again to ChrisB for Aire at Ste Eulalie-en-Born, lovely spot so peaceful..camping among the trees, it was really a hot day just relaxed and reading by lake. and after that God awful Biarritz Aire on way down a blessed relief....

I liked the look of area genrally..nice for cycling but weather was good so that makes all the difference anyway! In 2nd pic you can just about see municipal site over the road. free services are to left of Aire. cost 5 € a night

AIRE.jpg.88a27ecb724efad8812895713579dd41.jpg

1725943065_AIRE22.jpg.ab825239beb8cb2259a25946d4b6162a.jpg

We have just received a booklet regarding Camping at Biscarrosse. The English part of it says the following:

Parking from midnight to 8am is forbidden inside the Biscarosse City limits but is allowed in specifically designated areas.

NIGHT AND DAY

Owners of motor-homes and camping-cars who stay inside the Biscarosse City limited have to comply with:

Local safety parking rules,

Public health rules (no waste, water or rubbish discharge)

Prohibition of public disturbance

Prohibition of any visually aggressive display of equipments such as canopy, furniture, washing ... which might implicate a temporary piece of land ownership.

Hanging out your laundry outside of your vehicle is strictly forbidden.

For your convenience:

drinking water facilities and waste water discharge stations are available at:

Navarosse Harbour (north lake)

Becasses Street (Biscarrosse Beach)

Leclerc Supermarket (Biscarrosse Downtown)

Parking Area of Vivier (Biscarrosse Beach)

Night Parking:

Aire de Navarrosse - Biscarrosse-Lac, Port Navarrosse, from 8pm 12 euros a night from 1st July to 31st August. You cannot stay between 1st September to 30th June.

Aire du Vivier - Biscarrosse Plage, parking du Vivier from 8pm 12 euros a night from 1st May to 30th September. Parking free from 1st October to 30th April.

The website for further information is www.ville-biscarrosse.fr

Guest ChrisB

Judge

I prepared a few photos early on in this thread - but the uploading process failed (for everyone at the time).

Anyway, after all the work decided to give it another try (so many failures I was in danger of becoming an "Expert" on the forum) ...

The area does not suit everyone - very quiet especially away form the coast. But that's our ideal location.

The Aire at Ste Eulalie-en Born is next to the small "Port". a shop and a restaurant (bot open only in the summer) within a few metres, plus the sandy beach.

Most Saturday evenings during the summer a local club or organisation takes over the beach area for a dinner-dance. Anyone welcome and good value (recommend the Rugby Club do).

Atlantic beaches and towns within a few minutes drive.

372356187_LacdeParentisandBeachoppositeaireatSteEulalieenBorn.JPG.a346c3a44fb67321845f03cad92d0818.JPG

50855844_AtlanticbeachadjacentaireatBiscarosse.JPG.490e9e05031939bf27875c6f88739835.JPG

1403705801_LacdeSanguinetandbeachatmotorhomeparkingNavarosse.JPG.ce8430cd7a00d86193c26fb2952b8299.JPG

Archived