free standing awning

Guest JudgeMental

quickweh - 2012-05-01 11:35 PM

....Do I put guy ropes over the top of the Fiamma F45? or use the awning channel on the F45 with the 4mm/6mm connecting "Kador Strip" http://www.driveaway-awnings.co.uk/products/Kador-Strip-6mm-to-4mm.html?fullSite=1

Can I use the F45 with the Kador strip to tension the tunnel section? There is a fairly good video on the Ventura web side showing how to assemble the awning but it is sketchy on the connection to the van. I guess wait until the weather improves and experiment. :-)

As you say,you'll need to "experiment" and see which method works and is easiest for you...

I wouldn't be putting too much tension the Fiamma "groove" though because they're really designed to take the downward pull of a front panel(..and not to be pulled outwards).

I'm always careful not to over stress the plastic latches on our Omnistore windout,so I also wrap a couple of short luggage straps around the ends.

I've never been very impressed with any of the methods of attaching awnings to be honest,considering we could be talking about 30-40-50k+ vans,it always seems a bit Heath Robinson,to be fidddling about with strips of plastic fig 8 mouldings or throwing straps over the roof.. :-S

It's certainly an area that seems to be calling out for an innovative designer to come up with some form of secure,well engineered quick release mechanism....

Archived