Solar Panels

Wanderer II

Hello fellow motorhome owners - can anyone recommend the best/most powerful solar panel for a PVC (Renault Master 2005) with a power hungry compressor fridge / non hook up?

I would be looking for an installer in the Stratford upon Avon locality if possible?

Your responses would be appreciated

Best regards Paul

Guest Tracker

Hi Paul and welcome to the madhouse where advice both good and bad is here in abundance - sorting out which is which is another matter of course!

Measure the unused roof space and get the biggest solar panel that will fit in the available space.

Thank you for the welcome to the club Tracker and speedy reply to my query but with the multitude of makes available I was hoping for a few pointers to a recommended make/model & installer within reasonable travelling distance of Stratford and if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.. .

Guest Tracker

I may be wrong but I doubt anyone has bought more than one panel or used it/them long enough under controlled circumstances to get any meaningful comparison?

Have you done a Google search for solar panels and or installers in your chosen area as maybe someone will have experience that might help.

Dave Newell at Telford is reputed to be reliable and trustworthy and is a regular contributor on here.

Guest Tracker

Dave Newell is currently on a bog snorkelling weekend at Peterborough but there are shows at Newbury and at Stratford on Avon on 18th May and 22nd June respectively where a deal might be on offer?

Those shows are not as big as Peterborough in our experience but they are still a good fun weekend with many chances to chat to other like minded people and both learn from and give help to others - more so when the sun shines!

Tracker - 2012-04-27 5:33 PM

Dave Newell is currently on a bog snorkelling weekend at Peterborough !

With the rain we've had today I think your right, bet he wishes he'd kept the extra stabilisers on the van to stop it sinking.

p.s. I'd be looking at 120w panel, but an 80w might just do. depends what else you run.

Guest Tracker

I'm developing a duck powered water wheel power generator - that way I get free eggs as well as free power - and if it really gets wet the ducks can tow the van out of the lake!

Simples!

pelmetman - 2012-04-27 7:26 PM

If this drought carries on like this *-)................I think I'd forget solar and get hydro power :D

Thats a good idea, fit a wall all around roof leaving a gap filled with waterwheel, need to knock one up quick and get to Peterborough.

Archived