new licence at 7o

bazooka

I aplied via the internet on Tuesday nightand received my new photo card licence today Saturday! I was concerned about getting it back because we go to europe in two weeksand i'd already sent my old one back as instructed.

Baz :-D

Yes, I had a similar expereince almost 2 years ago....in fact I did mine the day I received the notification, which was 3 months in advance of my 70th, as we would be in France for some period of time just before the birthday date....and it was back in the post within very few days. Excellent service, though I guess as it was a straight-forward application that helped.

There have been stories of folk with medical or otehr conditions taking months to get them. Still always wise to get things done as far as possible in advance, and certinaly when it suites yourself interms of dates required.

bazooka - 2012-04-28 4:07 PM

I aplied via the internet on Tuesday nightand received my new photo card licence today Saturday! I was concerned about getting it back because we go to europe in two weeksand i'd already sent my old one back as instructed.

Baz :-D

Baz,

keep a check on your insurence premiums, mine went up when I hit 70.

I posted my application on Tuesday, a couple of weeks ago, complete with the medical examination report. To my great surprise, the new licence arrived on the following Saturday morning. An unexpected bonus was that my LGV licence has been re-instated, though, of course only for a year. You never know, it might be renewed again for another year in 2015 !

Archived