Wall to wall sunshine

p0930

We were going to go this weekend, yesterday to be precise, as a day visitor, but the weather put us off. We have had wall to wall rain for several days now and the prospect of getting the car stuck in a muddy field lost its apeal. The weather here is just as bad today. Sorry we missed it as we never get there due to one thing or another!!

That`s really cheered me up.........down here in wet and miserable Lancashire.......lol

See if you can hang on to it for a week or so, we`ll be coming up and overnight in Golspie

before heading over to the Orkneys and then working our way back down the west coast.

p0930 - 2012-04-29 1:16 PM

Really glad I didn't make the long trip to Peterborough. Beautiful weather up here yesterday and today. Feel really sorry for those who made the trip and our friends who trade there.

Brace yourselves, have (i think) pursuaded gf that we will be up your way this summer. Think this isn't a problem? think again, have photo's from around the world of gf in full wet weather gear when we are on holiday.

For example, have photo's from every canary isle with her in coat and over trousers, have photo's from Arizona of deep snow drifts in may. Pictures of the strip in Las Vagas awash with rain. Pictures taken from bus in NSW that was laid on as rail tracks where washed out by rain. Yep if we turn left going out the drive for this summers main holiday prepare for the worst rain you've ever had.

Hi Charlie,

it will either be the large bays behind the Co-op ( fish and chips from over the road are gorgeous ) see how we feel after having tea or in the large lay-by set back from the road just north of Dunrobin Castle.

Last time we stayed there local police came and asked if we`d seen a couple of vehicles then radioed his mate and then had a cup of tea with us.......lol.

Most of the time on the Orkneys we will wild camp, never had any bother in the past ( so long as you play the game and leave it as clean as it was when you arrive ).

Do you know if they are still running the convoys with the wind turbines up the A9 and turning off in Doll or has that now finished ?

Convoys all finished now. Could I suggest if you like fish and chips you try La Mirage restaurant in Helmsdale. The lay by you refer to is Strathsteven, but I think you'll find it is now a council yard full of vehicles, but there may be room.

I used to be in the Police in Golspie but I don't think I was the one you made tea for.

If you are wilding in Orkney could I suggest Sands O'Wright beach close to St.Margarets Hope. Nice car park there with toilets and superb view across the Pentland Firth. I would also point you towards Rackwick beach in Hoy. Toilets available here too and one of the most beautiful parts of the world you ave ever seen.send me a pm and I can send you photos of ech place.

Thanks for the info on the lay-by, there`s always been some sort of yard there but every time we`ve stayed there the gates are wide open and no sign of any vehicles. We never set up camp for days on end in these places so we only tend to get in them at say 6 or 7 pm and we are normally gone for 9 am the following morning and never leave any sign of us being there ( pity others don`t do the same ).

I`ll pm you after this post.

Archived