Peterborough Show Entertainment

kevin hawkins

Whose idea was it to put the evening entertainment on in the cow shed? Someone had slung up what looked like old, unwanted drapes which made the building look like a gigantic coffin. I looked up at one point and thought is this what it will be like when I'm finally gone. To make matters worse the building was freezing and everyone was wrapped up as though they were working in Iceland's freezer department. This resulted in many people leaving before the end of the show as icicles were forming on the end of their nose. Even applause was limited because hands were so frozen, or maybe it was because so many were wearing gloves! To make matters worse there was a perfectly good, heated building at the other end which housed motorhomes and mobile homes. Were we all in the wrong place?

Where was the sense in this I ask myself. It is just not good enough in this day and age to expect people to pay good money to watch a show in a building like that. . :-(

What was the entertainment like? Were people leaving because they were cold or any other reason?

It was said to be sold out in the showguide and if so I would have thought body heat alone would have kept it warm-that said I know a lot of people left the show early and maybe forfeited the entertainment but surely they could have heated it given the weather?

I didn't book for the show (thankfully) as I didn't fancy it-did I miss much?

Mike

What was the entertainment like? Were people leaving because they were cold or any other reason?

It was said to be sold out in the showguide and if so I would have thought body heat alone would have kept it warm-that said I know a lot of people left the show early and maybe forfeited the entertainment but surely they could have heated it given the weather?

Mike

Mike

Guest peter
kevin hawkins - 2012-04-30 7:42 PM

Whose idea was it to put the evening entertainment on in the cow shed? Someone had slung up what looked like old, unwanted drapes which made the building look like a gigantic coffin. I looked up at one point and thought is this what it will be like when I'm finally gone. To make matters worse the building was freezing and everyone was wrapped up as though they were working in Iceland's freezer department. This resulted in many people leaving before the end of the show as icicles were forming on the end of their nose. Even applause was limited because hands were so frozen, or maybe it was because so many were wearing gloves! To make matters worse there was a perfectly good, heated building at the other end which housed motorhomes and mobile homes. Were we all in the wrong place?

Where was the sense in this I ask myself. It is just not good enough in this day and age to expect people to pay good money to watch a show in a building like that. . :-(

We didn't book, as it didn't apeal. But we thought it was a bit odd to hold it in a cowshed. The problem is that people had already paid,so warners had nothing to lose by staging it where they did. If it was pay on entry it might have been a bit of a flop due to the venue. Not to mention the geriatric acts that normally get booked.

We went to lincoln show last year in september and the entertainment was held in a marquee, which was heated and it was great.

Didn't appeal to us either but to be fair, Warners always hold the 'Cabaret' in the big barn. Whilst not ideal at least it is on a raised stage. We went to the Caravan Club National Rally last year and they had 'Riverdance' as the main cabaret-on the ground, level with the seating! All we could see was heads bouncing up and down and turning from left to right and return!!! They also had a Chinese Dragon ceremony (also on ground level) and all we could see of that was a tail and hear cymbals crashing! The only people who could see/hear were the CC hierarchy who were all seated in comfy chairs on the stage!

Needless to say we won't be going to the CC national again either! (and it rained like hell all weekend!)

Mike

We went to the Saturday entertainment, froze as did most of us.  We enjoyed most of it, the highlight was the Rocking Berries, they were fabulous but not impressed by Joe Longthorne and didn't like the foul language so like many others, left.

Archived