Whale Water Filling System

kelly58

Our Autosleeper Nuevo II EK has the useless and slow Whale water filling system " a bad bit of design " for a motorhome . The submersible pump has been getting slower to fill from a bucket , so I have ordered a new pump from e-bay.I though I would check the unit inside the locker that the water passes through and it has what I think to be a tank full shut off valve , which I removed and found that the filter inside the unit was clogged up I gave it a good clean and hey presto back to normal filling speed , so now I have a spare submersible pump which will come in handy if the current one decides to pack up. I have though of doing away with the Whale System and fitting a conventional water filling point and a larger water pipe to the fresh water tank so it can be filled from a watering can or standard hose pipe, has anyone converted theirs ? if so any information would be helpfull 

I have a similar system, only by truma on our Autocruise. I did consider changing it for a conventional filler (from CAK). Until I checked and measured, our Tank is inboard, so no 'gravity fall' into the tank and the Filler was not in line with the Tank, so obviously why Autocruise chose a 'caravan type' filler system. Not ideal, but the fitment of a 'Truma cascade' attachment on the end of our filler hose solved the Tank filling problem, and I bought a Fiamma 'square' water carrier, which fits under one setee base, for the 'Topping up' problem.

So, i would check and measure first, before buying a conventional, lockable water filler. Ray

Archived