East or West ??

kelly58

We are over to France on Sunday and cannot decide which way to go      " decisions decisions "  its either head south west to the south of Bordeau along the Atlantic coast towards Biarritz or head south east via Lyon / Grenoble towards St Tropez and the south coast towards Monaco. Obviously the weather will play a big part in which way to go . I thought this motorhoming lark was easy and stress free, O well come Sunday we may have decided !!!!

Just a suggestion: thrash on down to the South, and try for the Med coast or a little above it such as Provence, to the East of "Mistral" wind territory if you can get that far down in the time available. (We were there for 3 weeks up until last week. Loverly jubbly.)

Mid and Western coastal France are still too damn cold and too damn wet for us.

Guest Tracker

I agree - the Atlantic coast is likely to be wet or cold or windy or any combination of all three at present!

It has to be as far South as you can get just now if you want warmth and sunshine.

I must agree with the previous comments. In fact we are heading to the Provence area later this month. The weather is reliably warm and there’s an abundance of picturesque scenery and villages to see. For example: Verdon Gorges, Nesque Gorges, Séguret and Gordes etc.

Cattwg :-D

Guest JudgeMental
Amen!...keep a keen eye on weather reports, and head south if you want a really nice time.

South east definately. I think its much nicer. I love Provence.

Perhaps these two weather forcasts may convince you. One for Biarritz and one for St Tropez. Brilliant Kebab shop in St Tropez, just off the main square on the side road down to the harbour.

http://www.zoover.co.uk/france/aquitaine/biarritz-pyrenees-atlantiques/weather

http://www.zoover.co.uk/france/provence-alps-french-riviera/st-tropez/weather

Guest JudgeMental

Rubbish......have been to Provence in high summer 6 times and its lovely,.but statement above pure snobbery, Benidorm fine and such good value..Beach as good as anywhere in south of France, and so much better value...................And then......................there is....................the weather!

I am surprised Barry you are usually really on the mark! :-D

I to like my wine and did worry when my stock of French Muscadet started running out a few weeks ago..but no worries, they do a lovely wine down here called Verdego... fruitier but excellent and only £2 a bottle

JudgeMental - 2012-05-02 11:07 PM

Rubbish......have been to Provence in high summer 6 times and its lovely,.but statement above pure snobbery, Benidorm fine and such good value..Beach as good as anywhere in south of France, and so much better value...................And then......................there is....................the weather!

I to like my wine and did worry when my stock of French Muscadet started running out a few weeks ago..but no worries, they do a lovely wine down here called Verdego... fruitier but excellent and only £2 a bottle

Yeah but Spanish cheese isnt really much cop though is it?

Me a snob!!! My gaster has never been so flabbered!

Does that Sticky Vicky still work down there?

Guest JudgeMental
Barryd999 - 2012-05-02 11:23 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-05-02 11:07 PM

Yeah but Spanish cheese isnt really much cop though is it?

Me a snob!!! My gaster has never been so flabbered!

Does that Sticky Vicky still work down there?

Cant eat much cheese because of salt content (doctors orders) Have some bre occasionally, so cant really comment on Spanish cheese but displays in shops impressive.

fruit and veg and fish wonderfully fresh and cheap. Meat genrally OK but Beef a bit problematic. have not identified a nice cut yet but don't eat a lot anyway...wonderful hams though (naughty )

sticky vicky on every night in bar down the road, I completely ignore that side of Benidorm..it goes on but I dont see it, or go looking for it.....,for the northerners really :D

Benidorms reputation terrible..but when you get here it is very different. Pleasantly surprised and cant wait to come back next winter

great camp-sites, all facilities for just over a tenner a night, REALLY cheap to eat and drink out...very impressed with the place. above all though its the of season weather.....April has been superb! while France/England?

*-)

When working for one of our local butchers we used to make and sell our own Pizza's the boss used to say " put plenty of cheese on them "  cheese makes you passionate and he was the most dispassionate person you could ever have known !! and he did not eat Pizza's , so perhaps that was why.

Looking at the weather it looks like we will head south east to Cavalaire-sur-Mer there are two ASCI campsites that look favourable (1) de la Baie and Bonporteau .Stopping at aires en route Arques / Donjeux / St-Disirat / Cuges-les-pins . Lets hope the weather will be kind to us .

Archived