Newbury?

Guest Tracker

Yep thought we would live life in the fast lane, and pre book,

The field that the non-bookers and Johnny no-mates have to use is rubbish. It slopes in two directions and the grass is usually a foot long.

The pre-booked club pitches are nice and flat, with short mown grass.

If the week-end is like last week-end, so be it,we stop at home.

I then save myself fifty quid not putting the diesel in the tank,so I will have made a profit on the week-end. Probably something wrong with the economic's,could I be in line for Mr Osborne's job

HWO

Guest Tracker
Sloping ground is less prone to flooding than level - as long as you are not at the bottom of the slope!

Guest JudgeMental

gluttons for punishment aren't we......

worse shows for weather in order of hellishness::D

Newbury

Peterborough

York

Guest Tracker

Not really Eddie - if the forecast is bad or the ground is still wet from previous inundations we don't go - simples!

No joy in mud wading or bog snorkelling is there!

Been there, done that too many times to want to do it again!

Have prebooked and if I have read the site plan correctly they have swopped the exhibition area and the club pitches around so the exhibition is nearer to the M3 down towards the position of the entertainment tent last year. The general camping area remains in the sloping long grass. Presumably this has been done to fit in the much advertised extra exhibitors.If i am right it means the day visitors will come in past the C&CC camping area which will be good for banned private sales!!

Someone tell me I have read the plan wrong and I can blame it on my age!

Archived