Aden Caravan Park, Mintlaw, Aberdeenshire

arthur49

We used to be regulars at this pleasant site

http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/caravanparks/locations/mintlaw.asp

Used to be run by Aberdeenshire Council but now run by a local 'Initiative'.

Two years ago with concession as over 60, we were paying the ridiculously low price of £11/night approx

Last year too young for concession and in May we were paying £17.50/night

This year in May its gone to £22/night!!!

Beware, as I've seen no published prices but a call to the excellent Warden confirmed £22/night.

Sadly this site is now off our list.

Arthur :'(

I believe that all of the former Aberdeenshire Council sites are no longer Council run. From last year, if memory serves. They were good value but were sometimes used by large numbers of travellers and were not the place to be. *-)

Whether this has had anything to do with the change, i do not know. It is a great pity as some of them are in excellent places.

747 - 2012-05-03 4:42 PM

I believe that all of the former Aberdeenshire Council sites are no longer Council run. From last year, if memory serves. They were good value but were sometimes used by large numbers of travellers and were not the place to be. *-)

Whether this has had anything to do with the change, i do not know. It is a great pity as some of them are in excellent places.

The Council are trying to offload all sites but have had very limited success. I believe only Aden Caravan Park is no longer directly run by the Council.

Its also true that travellers frequented some (Inverbervie and Stonehaven) and I recall a weekend visit to Alford a couple of years ago and it felt like somewhere in Syria !!! Not travellers but young families with kids out of control and parents p+++++.

However, in all our visits, Aden never had a traveller problem.......but then again maybe we were lucky? Incidentally, we were told last year than Aden was the only Council site that made money......

Arthur

Thanks for the update Arthur. We will be up that way later in the year, we mostly wildcamp in Scotland but they are a good fallback.

Of course, if they are ALL charging £22 per night, we will sail on past and find a CS.

Archived