Shame on the Catholic Church

antony1969

I have no affinity with any religion but can appreciate that other's take great comfort from whatever religion they believe in so I do not set out to offend with the following .

The Catholic church in Ireland has for many years shamed all decent Catholics with the systematic abuse of innocent children by there perverted priests . Although for years many priests were known to be abusing young boys and girls the church did nothing other than move the perverts to a new parish were these beasts could abuse and destroy further lives .

I have read umpteen books wrote by priests victims about the abuse these animals inflicted on them and it is horrendous that men of the cloth , supposed pillars of society could abuse these youngsters with seemingly no come back .

4000 recorded abuse cases in Ireland and billions payed throughout the world in settlements to victims and the Catholic Church still refuses to accept they were wrong to keep silent for years.

If abusing young boys behind the altar is in the name of God then I am glad to be a non believer .

Guest peter
It's probably been going on for hundreds of years. The abuse it not necessarily sexual either, some of them were really sadistic b*stards.

I agree with all you say and it also applies to C of E, hypocrites all of them, There has just been an enthronement in Winchester of a  Bishop, what a load of nonsense, the incumbent was on TV before he was crowned if that is the word and he was on about  his worry about the poor in our society and then they showed the Palace where he was going to live rent free, and then they have the nerve to ask one to pay to go into Winchester Cathedral, not likely , turn it into a Whetherspoons I say, that will make money.

Guest peter

The elders of these religions will not allow that to happen. Not as long as it continues to be a way of controlling the masses. Just look how scared many of the members of these religions are of the elders.

At the end of the day controlling the people is what it's all about.

Shame indeed. It is not just the crime of an individual molesting a child - it is the crime of the Catholic Church covering it up and protecting the abuser(s). And lets face it - there has been far more than one isolated case here. Seems to me that if such abuse was discovered in any other organisation then a full scale investigation would have taken place.

But because it is the Catholic Church - Politicians seem to back away from investigating the reality.

Nixon was brought down not so much by the relatively minor crime of the Watergate breakin itself - but by the cover up.

In the case of abused children - we are not talking about a minor crime, but a totally hideous one. So you can see why the Catholic Church tries its best to ignore this.

I say do not let it get away with it.

BGD - 2012-05-03 10:55 PM

Purely a personal view: The sooner the human species finally grows out of the mumbo jumbo of "religion" and gods that it has invented, the better.

Absolutely agree with that, my sentiment exactly.

Guest pelmetman
ips - 2012-05-04 8:39 AM

BGD - 2012-05-03 10:55 PM

Purely a personal view: The sooner the human species finally grows out of the mumbo jumbo of "religion" and gods that it has invented, the better.

Absolutely agree with that, my sentiment exactly.

Ditto :D ...........Seems to me its the reiigons that start the brain washing early that are spreading............all that head banging whilst reading the Koran must addle the senses 8-)

Almost as sickening as the abuse is the cover ups these perverted priests have done to allow there perversions to carry on .

The head of the Catholic Church Sean Brady is as guilty as sin himself when it comes to keeping quiet and looking out for his perverted brothers lusts .

The Catholic Church in Ireland is no longer the power it was . Irish Catholics still believe in the faith but the Church and priests have lost the grip they had on there followers .

As a Catholic I think as an individual you are made to feel guilt and shame daily , the shame and guilt lies with the Church itself for destroying thousands of children's lives for years and doing nothing .

Shameful , disgusting and sickening come nowhere near to how I would like to describe the Churches refusal to admit they have a problem until they had been firmly squeezed into the corner .

As said by others the sooner all religion dies the better .

Archived