Dometic Fridge Light

Has anyone ever replaced their Dometic Fridge light? I am interested in whether anyone has repalced their bulb for an LED and introduced this new Blue light you see in the more modern Dometic Fridges. There are 4 LEDs in the new fridges with a Blue difuser.

Thanks

Guest Tracker

Why would you want to replace the bulb - unless it has failed - it only lights up when the door is open and it ain't often open for long so it uses very little power in the grand scheme of things!!

Just out of curiosity - why would a blue light in the fridge be attractive!!!

Guest Tracker
You seem to know about these things Lenny whereas I, having had a sheltered life, do not and I am now indebted to my learned friend for his illuminating explanation!

Mountain_Biker - 2012-05-07 4:15 PM

Has anyone ever replaced their Dometic Fridge light? I am interested in whether anyone has repalced their bulb for an LED and introduced this new Blue light you see in the more modern Dometic Fridges. There are 4 LEDs in the new fridges with a Blue difuser.

Thanks

Casual browsing around motorhome/caravan forums indicated

1. That one person had replaced his Dometic fridge's complete 'bulb light' with the later LED light (the asking-price for the latter is now around £42.)

2. That a like-for-like replacement bulb/fitting (12V/2W in the case of my RM-7605L fridge/freezer) is not easy to obtain nowadays, and usually not cheap even if you can locate a retailer with one in stock.)

3. That there is no commercially-available LED bulb to directly replace the bulb/fitting used by Dometic, though one person reported that he had obtained an individual LED, removed the original bulb from the fitting and grafted the LED in its place.

Archived