Fiat X250 Fuel Filter Rapid Connectors Removal

Melvin

Hi,

I am trying to replace my fuel filter on my 2008 2.3 litre X250 Fiat, I have the bespoke tool specifically designed to replace the fuel filter, but I did not anticipated how to disconnect the Rapid Connectors, I have been told the are push fit, i.e. like an air line connector, is there a specal tool to remove these connectors, I do not want the use force.

Guest Peter James

I have seen special pliers for this advertised on ebay, but have always managed without. You need to push the pipe forwards (towards the filter), at the same time pulling the collar back (away from the filter), to disconnect it.

I also managed without the special tool for unscrewing the filter housing. Carefully put the filter housing cap in the vice with some rubbery cloth to protect it from the jaws (the cap is stronger than the body but don't overtighten the vice) then get hold of the body with some grippy gloves and unscrew it.

It looks a large filter, probably to take into account of whitevanman filling up with dodgy diesel from building site bowsers *-)

If you only fill up from retail forecourt pumps I doubt the filter really needs changing as often as it says in the service schedule.

Hi Peter,

I have the proper Blueprint filter changing tool to change the filter itself which is torqued up to 30 NM.

Unfortunately I have very little fine feeling in my hands, hence the problem. But I will get some help from my neighbour who is pretty handy. By the way the Fiat manual is brilliant.

hi Melvin,

Were exactly is the fuel filter situated on a X250 3Ltr jobby ?. Are the tools you refer too necessary and where can i get them from?. What X250 manual are you relating to and again where can i obtain one from?. Thanking you in anticipation. Just about to change the oil & filter.

cheers EM.

Hi Earthmover,

Blue Print supply a tool to remove the fuel filter, it cosist of a cradle the place the body in a vice and a coupling to around the top end of the fuel filter body, it is about £45.00, you need to torque the filter up to 30 NM or you could PM and ask Peter James he manages to carefully carry out this task without specalist tool.

Archived