Anyone recommend overnight Site/Aire/Stellplatz Lux German border area

Hopesy

Hi All, Later in June we will be travelling to Germany. Last year we went to the Bavaria region and thoroughly enjoyed ouserselves so this year it's going to be the black forest Freiburg area. One problem we encountered was an overnight stop on the way. We travelled through Belgium into Luxembourg and crossed into Germany. We wanted to overnight there, however we tow a motorbike on a trailer and the stellplatz we visited were too small and the site shut for the night with no-one on reception. This year I'll try to research a little better :$ . We will be starting a bit later in the morning so i was think of the Lux/German border area allowing me a drive to Freiburg the next day. So can anyone help please?

One of our "regulars" when traversing Luxembourg towards Germany is the following:

http://www.camping-im-aal.lu/home.html

A pleasant site with decent facilities, and a nice, picturesque small town to walk into and around.

We've used for both an overnight, and a slightly longer stay, as the surrounding countryside is pleasant.

The pictures make it look a little "cramped", because they show the part of the site largely used for seasonal use, but there is a large, riverside area across the dam (with its own facility block) which is used for touring, and is generally good (though the reception may try to guide you to the "main" site, they are realxed about you using the other side if you ask (though I have been warned about the surface when it was very wet - but it was fine)).

I don't know if it is close enough to the german border for you but there is a super site at Esch sur Sure, about 45 minutes north of Luxemmbourg city and half an hour from Bastogne in Belgium. Its beside a river on outskirts (5 mins walk) of pretty village, bars & restaurants, historic sites and on bus route.

Highly recommended.

happy travelling

bob

Guest JudgeMental
Our favorite Belgian stopover: the Aire at Hans sur Lesse. Right on edge of lovely small tourist town..great bars and restaurants. there is a campsite on river 2 minutes away..

Bojitoes - 2012-05-08 12:34 PM

I don't know if it is close enough to the german border for you but there is a super site at Esch sur Sure, about 45 minutes north of Luxemmbourg city and half an hour from Bastogne in Belgium. Its beside a river on outskirts (5 mins walk) of pretty village, bars & restaurants, historic sites and on bus route.

Highly recommended.

happy travelling

bob

......as per my link above ;-)

.....but nice to get another recommend. :-)

If you are just stopping over and don't mind doing so off site I know a very quiet spot where you can park up with a trailer near the French / German border about 5 miles from Saarlouis, a few miles south east of the German / Luxembourg border. Like all Crinkly's spots, it doesn't open or close at any specific time. It's just into French territory though so it'll probably be raining.

crinklystarfish - 2012-05-09 9:10 AM

If you are just stopping over and don't mind doing so off site I know a very quiet spot where you can park up with a trailer near the French / German border about 5 miles from Saarlouis, a few miles south east of the German / Luxembourg border. Like all Crinkly's spots, it doesn't open or close at any specific time. It's just into French territory though so it'll probably be raining.

PM'd you thanks

Archived