Fiamma awning F45

Deborah Croot

Had one fitted to a new autosleeper talisman, now find the habitation door cannnot be opened or shut whilst awning is wound out as it will not clear the roof mechanism of the awning. The only way I can do it is to over extend the roof mechanism and then lift up the awning but can not then get out of the door from the inside. Can anyone shed any light on this please, is this nomal or has the dealer fitted it in the wrong place?

Awning manufacturers can supply extension brackets that lift the awning to cater for this in certain circumstances. It does depend though on the conversion and if it is actually possible to fit the awning higher. It does sound like a bodge job though and they should have pointed this out before suppling it.

Deborah In the Fiamma catalogue they market a wheel similar to a furniture castor to go on the to[p of a door to lift the awning fabric when door is opening/closing. This may allieviate your problem. I would however think that the dealer has slipped up and should have checked operation of awning and doors when fitting to ensure that this could not happen. Goos luck Docted

hi deborah, We have the same problem on our Ace Milano. The Awning was fitted by the dealer. They fitted it exactly where i said covering the door but not halfway over a window Which put the mechanism bars one right over the door. The problem being that the door is set higher in the bodywork than we had realised. The answer being, when the awning go's up the front is raised quite high this way it clears the door. If the Awning had been fitted 6" nearer the back end there would have been no problem, but the end of the awning would habeen half way over a window, which if we put sides on this would then foul the window. David

Archived