Is anyone traveling in Greece?

plumbersvan

:-S Millios of posts from spain Marocco,Portugal,France :-D --- But seen nothing from Greece?

Is Greece no longer a place to visit?Has it become as difficult as spain seems to have become,police thrift costs :-S

I dont have plans to go there myself *-) At least not this year and probably not next either(.

Is there a info site for Greece?

I heard with the euro it was quite costly, When they leave the euro 8-) (?) It might be the place to go *-)

We went to Greece a few years ago in our van, great place to visit, we wild camped for 6 weeks around the Peloponesse with no trouble, Ferry from Venice and  return, great trip ,sleep in your van on crossing too. I have loads of pictures [ photos ]  of our trip , I will get round to scanning them sometime.

Guest pelmetman
Anyone going??........ get some German number plates........I'm sure they'll be loads of people who will want to say hello :D

From what i saw of Greece as we drove through,ages ago now 8-) there are/were many places that i would with my new indipendence love to has seen more of..

The ferry would seem the best route unfortunatly as ive heard how very expensive and un safe Yougoslavia is :'( Of coures once there it might be wonderful *-) *-)

Driving through Italy today can ONLY be done by campervan,Since the euro we know many wonderful Italians that themselves find London a buget destination 8-) 8-) Well almost B-)

I have just seen the lighting of the Olympic Flame at Olympia in Greece on the TV, it was sunny to start with but was raining there as the programme was being transmitted, the Eternal Flame actually blew out  due to the wind LOL, does that bode well for the Olympic fiasco I wonder.

I downloaded a panarama program It showed how at risk we are from solar flares:Been known for years that the sun is resposibable for our climate

It said during 2012/13 a solar flar could brake off the sun and a plasma bubble wraped in a magnetic feild could hit earth and put the lights out as it did in 2003 in Quibec Canada 8-)

Im not in favor of so much sport *-) I think its somthing to stop the people looking at out leaders 8-)

If the private security shoot down a plane during the Olyipics i hope it dosnt hit London 8-)

plumbersvan - 2012-05-10 3:08 PM

I downloaded a panarama program It showed how at risk we are from solar flares:Been known for years that the sun is resposibable for our climate

It said during 2012/13 a solar flar could brake off the sun and a plasma bubble wraped in a magnetic feild could hit earth and put the lights out as it did in 2003 in Quibec Canada 8-)

Im not in favor of so much sport *-) I think its somthing to stop the people looking at out leaders 8-)

If the private security shoot down a plane during the Olyipics i hope it dosnt hit London 8-)

NOW That's what I call cheerful and optimistic!!! *-)

plumbersvan - 2012-05-10 3:08 PM

No need to worry about that.

Private security firms in the U.K. are not allowed to shoot at anything.

( Well, not until our army gets privatised ).

;-)

Watched Michael Portillo`s program on Greece last night I don`t think I`ll bother going. Perhaps it ought to be shown to doubters on the policies of the principal direction of the our Goverment, no I`m not a fan of everything they are doing, but the Greeks are in a dreadful mess following their public and personnel spending binge. For all the whinging on the BBC etc we are`nt in that position, not yet anyway!

Archived