fiama canopy

ips

I would like to fit a side section on our fiama 45. We have a very good windbreak which we put around to make a kind of encampment and I dont want the hassle of a full safari room just want a side at the back of the van for privacy really. has anyone done similar or got any other cunning plans :-D

I agree we only used the safari once finding it to be a right pain . It didnt fit or should I say we couldnt fit it what a pain.

I like the idea of having a side on also keeps the wind away quite like some of these Dutch campers vans and caravans . Always walk past and look when they have gone out for the day leaving tables and chairs and fridges all neat and tidy outside their vans with both sides down . Admitedly people can see from the front but they look pretty good with the side pieces down..

You said the back of your van was that correct ?.

What about these?

http://www.mysunshade.co.uk/

We haven't got them but on our previous van(which had a Fiamma),I used some of the hangers that slide into the front groove..and then hung some snow/camo netting from them..

I should point out that when we did that,we were using it on festival sites at the time(Glastonbury etc)and not at some CC site in the Cotswolds!... (lol) )

(..This was of cause,on the "front" though..and not on the ends,as you're after..)

Fiamma,do a variety of seperate panels but they are expensive for what they are doing...

http://www.fiammastore.com/Fiamma-Accessories-for-Zip-F45-F65/?sortmethod=name&page=5

I have heard nothing but good about these sides, but if you are looking for privacy they are see through, not transparent but you can see inside.

They are good for wind and sun keeping the area under the awning cooler.

They are also light weight folding up small.

And I would very much like some it’s persuading the OH that is the problem as they aren’t cheap.

8-)

We have the My sunshade sfront and sides which we bought at Stratford on Avon show a couple of years ago. The front panel slides into the groove in the Fiamma awning and the end panels are attached to extending washing line poles which are braced between the top underside of your awning and the recess where the awning legs foldaway. Elastic loops at the bottom of all screens then allow you to fix to the ground using tent pegs etc. last year in Benidorm the shades withstood a force 10 gale when every other motorhome had to dismantle their awning. I would really recommend as a windblock- unfortunately I cannot comment on how good they are as sunshades because we have never had the sun for long enough to use them. with a bit of practice you can erect the complete "room" in about 10-12 minutes, they are light, easy to fold and stowaway. particularly suitable if you are gong to be staying for only a short period on any site.

Bob

Guest pelmetman

Sat in ours at the moment and have used the new front I had made for the first time...........the original was a panel short to allow for a door.......but was amazed just how much draught it let in 8-)

So had them make a new front to my design ;-)...........which overlaps in the middle and has solved the draught problem ;-)......................shame the muppet who ordered it ordered the wrong colour :$

Useful bit of kit though and stronger than it looks :D

We have used the Windblockers for 4 seasons & they still look as good as new.

You buy just which you want, so cost is kept down.

One side only, (which will fit either end of the Fiamma Awning)

Front panels to suit your Awning length & One side.

or full set 2 sides & front.

You can also get the Skirt panel, to stop that draught under the van.

They pack away very small & very lightweight. Must be one of our best accessory purchases.

We have genuine Fiamma sides, think they may be called Windblocker as Flicka said, one has a plastic window in for the front and the other is plain. Seem expensive for what they are but they do come with poles and fittings to install, the poles help to strengthen the roll out. Anyway we have had them 14 plus years and they still look brand new, but then we have used only them once!!

Bas

Archived