BHP 110 or 130 Autocruise Jazz HELP

Bex

Hi all

I'm about to purchase a new Autocruise Jazz and can choose a 110BHP 2.3 engine that is in a showroom or wait and purchase a 130BHP 2.3 engine that would come on order.

Does anyone have any experience as to whether I'll be disappointed if I don't wait to order a 130BHP? How much difference will there be? I'm no techie and don't want to regret decisions so any advice is most welcome.

Thank you!

The 110BHP will pull the Jazz along easily up to the legal limit and beyond. My camper (7 metre Iveco Turbo Daily) will happily tow a 1500KG trailer at 60MPH with just 100BHP. As long as the 110 is a reasonable amount cheaper than the 130 I'd say go for it.

D.

Good point on test drive. We drove an 18month old 100bhp Jazz which seemed great on a flat road and pulled away fine but haven't yet test driven this new one. Does bhp make a difference to acceleration eg at roundabouts as well as ability to pull uphill?

My vote: Just get the cheapest one.........in fact you might be able to get the price of the 110bhp one down even further by saying that, like everyone else, you'de much rather have the upcoming 130bhp version, but you might be prepared to take this old-stock, old model, 110 version off their hands, if the discount was large enough.

If you want fast, why are you looking at sheds on white-van running gear; just buy a Porsche.

Surely, all are actually ever going to do in the thing is chug around gently.

Whichever van base you buy, your fuel economy takes an utter slaughtering if you start charging about at 70 or above, rather than a sedate 60/65.

Our old-dog 1992 2.5TD had only 70KW (95CV) of engine power when new; it'll be less than that now; and it lugs an overweight, A-Class body around. But it'll chug along merrily at 60/65mph forever.

If the price difference between the two versions is say a grand or two, then that's a lot of money towards your diesel costs in the coming years. In addition, I guess that the 110bhp might be a tad cheaper to insure?

BGD - 2012-05-11 11:29 AM

..but you might be prepared to take this old-stock, old model, 110 version off their hands, if the discount was large enough...

Wouldn't the 110bhp one would be a brand new Euro 5 model with the detuned 110bhp version of the 2.3 engine? I can't recall an 'old' model with 110bhp.

Steve928 - 2012-05-11 11:39 AM

BGD - 2012-05-11 11:29 AM

..but you might be prepared to take this old-stock, old model, 110 version off their hands, if the discount was large enough...

Wouldn't the 110bhp one would be a brand new Euro 5 model with the detuned 110bhp version of the 2.3 engine? I can't recall an 'old' model with 110bhp.

Yes it is the Euro 5 model

Chausson le mor - 2012-05-11 12:48 PM

Hi from memory doesnt the 110 and the previous 100bhp version only have a 5 speed gearbox??

Also by upgrading to a 130bhp version this comes with a 6 speed included?? Check to make absolutely sure before signing on the dotted line the 6 speed is far preferable to the 5!

Yes that's true! Do you mean in terms of noise or mpg or something else? Thank you!

Should be 6 speed on all Euro 5 2.3Ls according to the launch data.

Makes sense as Fiat only have a 6 speed box to mate to the 2.3L engine - the 5 speed was for the (defunct in the Fiat UK line-up) 2.2L.

Which is not to say that the gear ratios might not be different for the 110bhp version, but there'd be no chance of finding out information like that!

Hi would imagine that it would be more of an issue at motorway speeds the 130 6 speed engine would be runnning at lower revs which should aid fuel economy reduce noise levels and would be less wear and tear on the engine. When you come to part exchange would expect to get more for the larger output engine and gearbox than the standard unit. I have driven the old Euro 4 engine in a Peugeot Mondial panel van conversion and the extra cog on the gear makes all the difference to smooth quiet travel at motorway speeds!

The question is "where you happy with the 110bhp model and the deal on offer?, will you be happier to spend at least £1350 extra for the 130bhp or £2700 extra if 110bhp doesn't include comfort pack.

Are there any 'extras' to base vehicle you might want, as most cannot be retrofitted?

I have a new Elddis euro 5 2.2 110 bhp and 6 speed box.I thought all the the new Peugeot Boxers are this spec.

My last one 2010 model was 100bhp and 5 speed box.

had a e-mail yesterday from Swift they are offering a free upgrade to 130 BHP on some van conversions.

urbanracer - 2012-05-12 12:50 PM

I have a new Elddis euro 5 2.2 110 bhp and 6 speed box.I thought all the the new Peugeot Boxers are this...

Perhaps it's because your Autoquest 130 is built on a Boxer chassis-cab, while the Autocruise Jazz is a panel van?

Swift's website seems pretty confident that a Euro 5 Jazz has a 5-speed gearbox and Peugot's latest Boxer Van specification list (see below) shows a standard 5-speed 'box for the 110bhp motor, with no alternative.

http://www.peugeot.co.uk/Resources/Content/brochures/technical/peugeot-boxer-prices-and-specifications.pdf

Thanks for all your replies and advice... now purchased and yes... It is a 2.2 110bhp with 6 gears - now standard (which I was pleased about). Test drove up a monster drag of a hill at 50mph and pretty good so can't wait to get our hands on it now.

Archived