Aire at Reims

robertandjean

If you like culture with a glass of Champagne and don't mind being caught in the rain,

then go to Reims aire and why not stay there?

But if you don't like to park close and high spirited youths are a worry,

then better you move on and and stay elsewhere!

(above sort of fits to the Pina colada song by Rupert Holmes)

Yes Reims is a great aire for visiting the Cathederal, galleries, museums, Champagne houses etc, but it is tight parking and not as secure as some would like. There is a barrier (broken when we were there 10 days ago) but aire is open to parkland where people walk through. (Now at Baume-les-Dames, straight sun at 28C, a contrast to the heavy rain at Reims).

coincidentally, the last time i stayed at reims it rained all day!! i found the aire quiet and peaceful, the only disconcerting thing was that the open area befind is a male pick up point.. the aire is tight, and difficult to find, but there are toilet and shower facilities, although not advertised.

KeithR - 2012-05-11 10:32 PM

coincidentally, the last time i stayed at reims it rained all day!! i found the aire quiet and peaceful, the only disconcerting thing was that the open area befind is a male pick up point.. the aire is tight, and difficult to find, but there are toilet and shower facilities, although not advertised.

Is that the original 'French Connection'? Maybe that's why they don't advertise it! :$ :$

Mike

Archived