Mouse Problems !

maryvic

Hi we have a mouse in our van -- not surprising as it is stored on a farm. Think we've got rid of it /them - for the moment . Any suggestions how we can avoid further visits? ( NOT storing van on farm isnt an option at the moment !) Thanks Mary

All i can suggest is make sure that you remove ALL potential food sources, that includes soap and other products that you and I wouldn't eat but hungry mice will. Blocking up entrances will only cause them to find another way in or make a way in with those sharp teeth. Don't use poisons as they are normally a bait and may attract them further, a few traps checked at regular intervals is the best way.

They love to use toilet paper in their nests and will chew holes in the upholstery.

Happy hunting. >:-)

IA Cof E vicar, a RC priest, and rabbi met for their weekly cup of coffee and a chat, and the topic of mice was raised. The vicar said that when he found mice he trapped them humanely, put them into a box andtook them across the road andreleased them on some waste land. They were back within a week.

The priest said he had the same problem but he took themm 7 miles to release them in the woods. They were back in 4 days.

The rabbi said he had the same problem, but he did them their bah mitspha, and he hasn't seen them since.

Hope that helps.

AGD

We have had a problem with mice in our van too (there is another thread on here somewhere). I put traps down and did catch one of them but there were still others. Someone suggested blocking up possible ways into the van with wire wool because the mice don't like the stuff.

Since we did this and also bought a battery powered mouse deterrent from ebay we have had no more trouble. I think its just one of the hazards of storing your van on a farm site, ours is too.

Hope you manage to get rid of them.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe this reply is a bit late, I bought a ' battery sonic rodent repeller', 2 winters ago whlist van was laid up, and touch wood haven't had any problems with the little blighters. It cost about £15 inc p&p, from a firm of garden supply w/salers. Google battery rodent repellants and the web addresses will appear.

Archived