Help Ducato indicator lamp details please

terryW

Can anyone tell me the wattage for the mirror indicator lamp in the 2008 Ducato? My van came with the handbook for the older van and the lamps fitted don't tell me the wattage it just says "12 V E 2HG". I suspect it's 5W and type 501 but would appreciate some clarification before I waste diesel looking for the wrong thing?

According to my handbook the side indicator bulbs are and I quote.

Type A: Glass bulbs: clipped into position. Pull to remove.

Type: W16WF(*)/WY5W(?) Power: 16W(*)/5W(?)

(*) XL and free time versions

(?) all other versions

HTH

Steve

Thanks Steve

Those numbers would suggest a 5Watt rating. Today, my local shop told me they should be 21W so I purchased a couple and fitted one. So far it looks ok but when it gets dark I think I will see if both sides look as bright as each other. :-|

Thanks for looking the info up.

Total confusion is right. I've just carried out a comparison test and the new and old lamps appear to be of the same intensity. So now I am wondering if the "21W" was a "16W" or what? At least is appears to work and I have a spare to take with me on my way down to Spain.B-)

All I can say is "Blinking eck" every time I change a van I have to buy a completely different set of lamps and fuses.>:-)

Thanks for your help folks

I have decided having searched they are not halogen. Seems to be a standard wedge bulb like a 501 but a larger bulbous bit if that make sense. What confuses me is what is the 21 watt you manage to fit.

Whatever, at the end of the day you say it is the same brightess so is it all just academic? Fiat have gone through dozens of revisions with this lamp so maybe they have also change the type and style over the years. Personally I would have thought 21watts for the mirror indicator would be far too bright.

I agree with your thoughts that a 21W in a mirror indicators sounds a bit high. I only have the shops word that it is 21W as it came out of a bulk box and also has no wattage recorded on the glass. Strangely enough the display rack with pre-packed lamps contained nothing like this one. I think I will give Fiat a call.

Archived