Replacement silver screen suckers

Dr Dave

Our internal silver screens have clear suckers fitted that do not work very well, they don't stick properly they also invert and have to be plunged into hot water to regain the correct profile plus they let light through. Does anyone know of a source of the grey coloured suckers with a split ring type fastening or to be honest any sucker that stays put will do.

Hi Dave,

I have had three of these type of internal screen covers and all of them are the same. the suckers turn inside out and are a pain in the winter when it is cold

They are not wide enough and the suckers are too far from the end and they are all short I do not know who makes them or I would complain. so you are not alone.

If anyone knows then let me know as there is no name on the covers "now I know why".

Mike.

Mickydripin - 2012-05-14 1:54 PM

Hi Dave,

I have had three of these type of internal screen covers and all of them are the same. the suckers turn inside out and are a pain in the winter when it is cold

They are not wide enough and the suckers are too far from the end and they are all short I do not know who makes them or I would complain. so you are not alone.

If anyone knows then let me know as there is no name on the covers "now I know why".

Mike.

In the winter I use an external screen cover, no suckers to worry about and the bonus of no condensation on the windscreen and side windows when I remove them on a cold or frosty morning.

Yes I know the condensation has to go somewhere but at least it does not present a problem on the windsreen and side windows. :-)

Just a quick follow up after looking on several sites i decided to try the milenco replacement sucker pack from here.
they arrived in two days and stick really well, they are black so no light shines through at in the early morning and have a quick release device so no prising them off with fingernails they are quite pliable and look like they will last but as always only time will tell.

Archived