newbury show

casey

hi again,

i also posted this under `shows` but no reply as yet.

phoned warners this morning and was told " the ground is wet but the show is on "

as it`s a 5 hour drive for me i don`t realy want to risk being turned away as a non booked,

but i realy did fancy it as we didn`t get to peterborough.

casey.

ps i think warners are still hedging there bets though.

Brit_Stops - 2012-05-15 1:49 PM

Well currently the Met Office is forecasting dry days up to and including Saturday at Newbury.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/?tab=fiveDay&locId=324063

Hopefully this will allow the ground to dry out a bit, and we'll all enjoy a good show.

Steve :-D

Can you please stop being so positive Steve.

You are spoiling the tone of this thread.

;-)

malc d - 2012-05-15 1:52 PM

Brit_Stops - 2012-05-15 1:49 PM

Well currently the Met Office is forecasting dry days up to and including Saturday at Newbury.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/?tab=fiveDay&locId=324063

Hopefully this will allow the ground to dry out a bit, and we'll all enjoy a good show.

Steve :-D

Can you please stop being so positive Steve.

You are spoiling the tone of this thread.

;-)

(lol)

Perhaps the CC & CCC will take up all the ground normally allocated to none booked, just like at Peterborough....Warners bowed to the clubs cos Ferrymeadows shut up shop.

No land was lost at P,boro to weather....it was taken over by clubs and sod the people who turned up unbooked, so quite possible Warners did not lose a penny, except for the free passes dished out to a few !

See the Caravan Club has cancelled its National Rally at Eastnor Casle due to the weather and the ground being too soft and that function is two weeks after Newbury. In those circumstances do the exhibitors and the prebooked get a refund ?!! Do organisers insure against such circumstances?

Can be quite windy at Newbury so lets hope it dries out as it is probably too late to cancel regardless of what happens in the next 48 hours.

"Well currently the Met Office is forecasting dry days up to and including Saturday at Newbury"

Hah it's been raining most of the afternoon here, and we're 10 miles down the road!!

Judging by our back lawn which is growing at a fair lick with all these showers, it feels very very soft underfoot, I think I shall be taking the car.

David

If we go to our 'one in a year show' it will definitely be by car.

We were bogged down on a proper camp site in Cornwall in April. We did not attend a Kite Weekend earlier in month due to the weather conditions - photos of the event show that we were wise. The field looked like a battlefield or should that be Glastonbury?

We are getting quite frustrated at lack of camping as we did not take the opportunity in March when the temperatures were so good.

Joyce

Guest peter
We've just got back from stratford racecouse site and it was fine, despite all the rain. So, it all depends on the underlying ground. If it's been well rolled in the past it should stay firm despite being wet.

Guest Tracker
peter - 2012-05-15 10:02 PM

We've just got back from stratford racecouse site and it was fine, despite all the rain. So, it all depends on the underlying ground. If it's been well rolled in the past it should stay firm despite being wet.

Up to a point Peter - but lots of traffic can soon churn up even the best of fields and whilst the ground may be firm enough to keep moving in well used routes across the site as soon as you park up you could be in trouble unless you make sure to park all four wheels on boards or load spreaders to prevent the wheels from individually sinking.

I think the lack of input from warners ( still ) indicates that the ground

is on the soft side and are waiting till the last minute to let people know.

as its a 5 hour journey south for me i dont think i will take the chance.

unlike peterborough when i was passing on the way back from spain.

cheers

casey.

Casey

I have a message on FACEBOOK from Warners to say its a good day and its on. Look at Met Office, there is no problem. Camping is miles better than Peterborough ground anyway.

Showgoer part of Out & About Live www.outandaboutlive.co.uk

"A beautiful day at the Southern Motorcaravan Show...we look forward to seeing this weekend!"

Chris

chris - 2012-05-16 12:37 PM

Casey

I have a message on FACEBOOK from Warners to say its a good day and its on. Look at Met Office, there is no problem. Camping is miles better than Peterborough ground anyway.

Showgoer part of Out & About Live www.outandaboutlive.co.uk

"A beautiful day at the Southern Motorcaravan Show...we look forward to seeing this weekend!"

Chris

Cheers, Chris!

Looking forward to a good weekend!

Steve

I was at Newbury today (waved to Dave N.) and I have to say the ground is very firm. the organisers have shuffled stuff around this year and everything is including some of the camping is in different places.

Archived