rapido ?

candc

jointerjohn - 2012-05-15 7:56 PM

We bought our 7099f rapido four years ago,( up graded from a auto trail 660 se,) we were overnighting at brownhills on our way to a show , during our normal look around at the selection of vans we took a look inside and loved the layout straight away! the van is an 06 model, we still look around many vans at various shows but always reach the same conclusion! none have the same quality and layout, that we have (for a comparable price,) so we will be sticking with the 7099f for the foreseeable future,i cannot fault the build quality of our rapido

We've just joined the world of motorhoming and our first purchase has been a 2007 Rapido 7099F (blue upholstery) and we are thrilled to be owning it. It's a 3.0ltr, 3700Kg unit. Its layout works a treat for us!

• 1 year later...

Hello we have a rapido 7099f and the layout and quality is first Class. We are struggling to make up the second bed in the dining area we just cannot get the correct order for the cushions.. Please can anyone help solve our . The manual does not give any information regarding the subject. Many thank.

Hi

Sounds Positive?. Hope so, as we just signed up for a 2007 / 7009, (seen at Peterborough) comes early May.

Dos`nt tick all the boxes, but the vast majority for someone who is used to American R-V`s!!!. But we had to go under 3.5t.

fingers crossed it will be better than the current Caravan.!!!

Pete

pedrosita - 2015-04-25 11:17 PM

Hello we have a rapido 7099f and the layout and quality is first Class. We are struggling to make up the second bed in the dining area we just cannot get the correct order for the cushions.. Please can anyone help solve our . The manual does not give any information regarding the subject. Many thank.

On Page 33 of this copy of Rapido’s 2009 brochure

http://www.brenas.fr/campingcar/catalogues/2009/rapido/Rapido-Serie70.pdf

the shape of a 7099’s dining-area ‘emergency’ bed is shown.

Plainly one first has to lower the dining-table to the appropriate height (the brochure mentions on Page 34 that the saloon seating can be transformed into a bed in a twinkling of an eye using the table’s telescopic pedestal !!!) and then rearrange the seat cushions.

If it were me I’d take all the seat cushions out of the motorhome, measure the dining-area’s wall-to-wall distance, place the cushions on the floor of a room in my house and then move the cushions around to see if I could produce the shape shown in the brochure.

You might have to turn some (or even all) of the cushions upside-down to do this, but a 7099 has a lot of seat cushions to play with. Even if you manage to jigsaw the cushions into a bed, there’s a strong chance it won’t be comfortable.

After lots of research and hiring we chose the Rapido 987M. (New in 2006) Apart from several nuisance adjustments which could have been me more than the make it worked well.

It was particularly good for each having their own space. A 6ft double bed each so each could lay in while the other did any food preparation or wanted to go walk-about.

The Rapido team at Wokingham were excellent as were the factory in Mayenne France to any queries.

After 6 years use we sold it. No regrets. Why? As said we did all we needed to in 6 years, its use then became repetitive and we became older. We had travelled Europe previously for 50 years and done near everything so the camping side became an extra.

We have now reverted to the VW and hotels, and in many ways its a lot simpler (for us being older).

Will

We had a Rapido 710F for 5 years, and have to say that even though we now have a Burstner, the Rapido was amongst the best we have ever owned, including a couple of AutoSleepers,.

We bought ours new from Wokingham and at the time (2002) the Principal there, Martin, was a found of all knowledge regarding the marque, as I understand it was his family who began importing them some 40 years ago.,

There were very few problems over the years we had it, but if they did occur then there was no trouble in getting them sorted out without any problem. They probably have the best knowledge in the UK, and I think they could advise you regarding the matching fabric. They certainly got some extra fabric and spare 'wood' for us.

The only reason we changed to a Brustner was basically that Rapido had discontinued the 710F which had the rear lounge which we favour, and Burstner had introduced one.

We have had our Rapido now for 8 months and can say it is the best van we have ever had, and we have had a lot over the years. Build quality is excellent and any minor problems, like a couple of faulty internal lights were fixed with great efficiency by supplying dealer Brownhills. On collection there was a small mark on one seat cushion which Brownhills could not remove. On Brownhills reporting this to Rapido they changed not just this cushion but every one in the van to ensure all would be exact match, which we think is great customer service. So would recommend Rapido to anyone.

Guest Joe90

Just to throw a spanner in the works, our Rapido is generally a great van, quality of fixtures and fittings, Aguti cab seats, rear heater, cruise, air con, etc BUT, pray you don't have an onboard water tank that can leak, nor a Truma boiler / heater that gives you grief,

The water tank on ours quite suddenly sprung a leak, if your unlucky to have such a problem, and if the location of the tank is the same as ours, you quite literally have to take the van apart to get at it, hours upon hours of work, later models may be different, but it is a known issue on some models.

Similarly some Rapidos site the Truma combi unit under the kitchen units, again a nightmare to access, and impossible to work on in situ, add in to that, the fresh water inlet on some models is directly above that expensive Truma unit, which beggars belief and should that ever become less than watertight I dread to think.

I've had both of these issues since I've owned the van, and currently I'm putting together the jigsaw that once was the front lounge area after my tank sprung a leak....................my nickname is lucky.

We have a Rapido 990M.2009. we have had it 3 years now we are really like it ,the quality is one of the best we have had ,and that's after a Bustner Aviano, Autotrail Frontier Mohican. and many others, we like the Mercedes rather than the Fiats, the water tank under the lounge seat is a problem on some, we were made aware of it so I set to and fitted a rubber mat between the Plastic tank and the Metal retaining bracket which prevented the problem some suffer with.  As suggested view and test drive as many as you can before taking the Plunge, but I don't think you will be disappointed with a Rapido.

Just a word of warning to those with Rapidos that have roof bars running along the length of the m/home.

Our Rapido (and some others ,allegedly) developed quite a severe leak, that came from under the mounting pads for the roof bars. The water running between the flexible roof covering and roof, then dripping from the vents over the bed, shower or toilet.

Part of my annual inspection is to check the screws and a good "" waggle"" of the bar near the foot see if there is any movement.

It seems that Rapido had a period of construction where the mastic became too dry (or wrong sort) when the pads were tightened, as a result the sealing of the screws , pad and roof was not too good.

Still a fan of Rapidos though

Rgds

We had a Rapido from new of about the same vintage as the one you have bought. Brilliant and very well made with maple wood framed doors. Looked at a replacement after keeping it for five years but spec and quality as not what It was. Finished up with an AutoTrail because it had the lay of we required. With the exception of the crap so,called entertainment centre they fitted it also,was very well built. Down sized to an AutoSleeper Warwick XL now which we are also impressed with.

Archived