Which handheld vac?

harrysmum

Hi there

I`m new to this forum so not sure if this is in the right place!!

Have been motorhoming since I was a kid, but had our own for 4 years now.

We are looking at getting a hand-held vac and wondered if anyone had any advice on which is best to get/value for money/most powerful etc

Thanks

Em

Dyson Animal hand held 240v rechargeable has a brush and other tools. Brilliant suction and brushes up most things except water. but not cheap about £140 but we bought ours from B&Q with our over 60's card on a Wednesday when they had a 20% discount offer as well.

Guest JudgeMental

I have heard vacuum cleaners starting up on campsites and all you can do is laugh really

what I could do with is a mini mop and mini bucket as brushing and mopping the floor is all I need to do. domestic size mop and bucket with strainer a bit big for a panel van. in fact mop OK its just the bucket with strainer ....any ideas?

Guest JudgeMental
crinklystarfish - 2012-05-19 10:26 AM

Shower tray?

Now that is not a bad idea....... :-D Ta Crinkly

Guest pelmetman

Our van came with a dustpan and TWO brushes.....one soft.....one hard.....and they still seem to be working fine......not that I've ever worked out how they operate ;-)

Just bought Sue a new washing machine for the van...........although some people seem to think its just a bucket and a sink plunger :-S

Guest JudgeMental
pelmetman - 2012-05-20 10:17 AM

Just bought Sue a new washing machine for the van...........although some people seem to think its just a bucket and a sink plunger :-S

women do make a big thing out of this washing up buisness..Just got back from Spain and I had to do my own there....I would fill two buckets, one with clothes, one with pots and plates..take to washing area..fill both buckets with scalding hot water and washing liquid..go to the pub for a few pints and read of paper....., come back and the washing was done!

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2012-05-20 10:39 AM

pelmetman - 2012-05-20 10:17 AM

women do make a big thing out of this washing up buisness..Just got back from Spain and I had to do my own there....I would fill two buckets, one with clothes, one with pots and plates..take to washing area..fill both buckets with scalding hot water and washing liquid..go to the pub for a few pints and read of paper....., come back and the washing was done!

You don't want to make a habit of doing that Eddie 8-) ............Otherwise the Mrs will feel redundant..........much better to save it up ;-) ..............It lets them know that we dont just view them as sex objects........ :D

JudgeMental - 2012-05-19 10:19 AM

I have heard vacuum cleaners starting up on campsites and all you can do is laugh really

what I could do with is a mini mop and mini bucket as brushing and mopping the floor is all I need to do. domestic size mop and bucket with strainer a bit big for a panel van. in fact mop OK its just the bucket with strainer ....any ideas?

I have a dyson animal for the seats and front cab floor I also have one of these flat mop things you can get them from pound shop or wilkinsons, used with disposable floor wipes for everyday use you can push a cloth in there if you dont want the disposibles but Id rather just bin it after every use.

I also have a flat broom I bought off a German market stall its my witches broom ( NO COMMENTS) :-D

thats very quick for a quick flick around.

No I dont spend my time cleaning >:-) My O.H complains (people will think your mad) ;-)

Ive had a Morphy Richards and a Black and Decker both had a cloth bag inside that you emptied and I hated them you got very dusty hands when emptying them!!

Just back from a quickie around Charente- Maritime and on our last stop over near St Emilion, there was one of those Concorde camping buses complete with Toyota Aygo in the rear Garage. now I'm not laughing really but they vacuumed the garage, brushed the wheels off as they loaded and that was after they had washed the car. We spent breakfast watching them and it took hours............... some times less is more and a vacuum cleaner is the thin edge of the wedge, pretty soon it will be a covered trailer with Washing machine, dish washer and tumble dryer

Guest pelmetman
Retread24800 - 2012-05-20 1:20 PM

pretty soon it will be a covered trailer with Washing machine, dish washer and tumble dryer

You mean the ones like French Gypo's have that are permantly plumbed into every tap on site..........and woe betied anyone that dare unplug one to draw water 8-) 8-)

Guest JudgeMental
Mel B - 2012-05-19 11:32 PM

Judge - if you have the type of mop that is the old cotton twill type, then you could use an old collander to 'twist' it into to dry it out over your shower tray ... just a thought. :-D

Ok what someone should invent is a simple mop strainer that fits on a plastic bucket.....but crinklys and your ideas make sense

Did you make it to Spain?

Hi

We have been using a 12v handheld vac for years. Just plug it into the cig. lighter.

I think it is important to get one with a brush for the carpets, they don't all come with one.

We recently bought a 240v Black & Decker handheld for the house £20 but no brush.

Had to order one it was only a pound but what a hastle, god knows why they don't put

One in the box and charge a pound more !

Countryboy33 - 2012-05-20 6:08 PMHiWe have been using a 12v handheld vac for years. Just plug it into the cig. lighter.I think it is important to get one with a brush for the carpets, they don't all come with one.We recently bought a 240v Black & Decker handheld for the house £20 but no brush.Had to order one it was only a pound but what a hastle, god knows why they don't putOne in the box and charge a pound more !

Save payload, cash and effort ...........Throw out the carpet and then you wont need the brush:-)

Archived