Aires in Belguim

KD1

I wonder can somebody give me any good places to overnight at Aires please. I will be crossing to Dunqirk on the 21st June and will be travelling to Germany via Gent, Antwerp in Belguim and then Eindhoven-so if any of you know of a nice Aires along the way-that would be ideal. Cheers.

The Aire at Brugge is OK and close to the town but it is expensive a couple of years ago it was 22.50€ for 24 hr timed from 11:00am.

Gent has an aire by the sports centre it's just part of the car park it's free and there is a dump point also near to tram stop so convenient for visiting Gent.

Guest JudgeMental
That is a very northernly route to Germany and possibly the most busy trucking route in Europe, with lots of Lorry's heading East...... Antwerp can be a nightmare.

Might be worth you having a look on www.motorhomefacts.com You need to register but access to most of the site is free.

Under the 'Reviews' tab, click on ‘Search Campsite Reviews’. When I did a search on ‘Belgium’ and Aires de Services 21 sites came up – all over Belgium.

Hope this helps.

Cattwg :-D

Guest JudgeMental
Charles Chodkowski - 2012-05-19 7:09 PM

There is a super aire at Hans-sur-Lesse which we have used it 4 or 5 times. As you cross the bridge into the t own the aire is on the carpark signed on the left. Last year it was 5 Euro with fresh water and dump. Nice and quiet and lovely village. Oh and 10min off motorway.

By far our most favorite...the town is wonderful with the best moules and chips anywhere :-D

I think your pricing wrong it was 9.50 € last July....will be there this July also. But OP going via Antwerp which is approx 100 miles north of here..

JudgeMental - 2012-05-20 12:52 PM

Charles Chodkowski - 2012-05-19 7:09 PM

There is a super aire at Hans-sur-Lesse which we have used it 4 or 5 times. As you cross the bridge into the t own the aire is on the carpark signed on the left. Last year it was 5 Euro with fresh water and dump. Nice and quiet and lovely village. Oh and 10min off motorway.

By far our most favorite...the town is wonderful with the best moules and chips anywhere :-D

I think your pricing wrong it was 9.50 € last July....will be there this July also. But OP going via Antwerp which is approx 100 miles north of here..

Aahhhh... moules and frites, with mayo. And a big ice cold beer on the side.

It's been FAR too long since I last had them in Belgium.

Utterly loverly jubbly!

Archived