New van - scatched windows - big oops

peter.maniac

Picked our new Hobby motorhome and off to Skye we went. Unfortuneatly near the end i caught a bush, slightly marking the side (you can hardly see unless you look) but also scratched both windows. Talk about annoyed! Other than replacing the two side windows does anyone have a good idea on how too remove or at least reduce the scratch mark? I've had the odd light scuff on other windows in the past - almost inevitable if you drive down enough country lanes - but this is a line thats noticeable from the inside and, in the right light, from the outside. Help Peter

Hi Peter. Try MER I have used it in the past to remove scratches from windows. It takes a lot of rubbing in circular motion. If not Silvo liquid. I have used this on Acrylic in the past. In my Motorcyling days we used to use liquid Brasso on Motorcycle screens but that would be to harsh for acrylic. What ever you try it will be hard work. Good luck David

There is a product sold by Fenwicks that deals with scratches on windows. Its as said before a mild cutting paste and will get the scratches out So all is not lost and dont do it again. http://www.fenwicks.info/windowize.htm Pete

I use Caravan Pride sold at most dealers. It removes quite severe scratches for me and an occasional use on the windows restores them to as new. It's surprising how may micro scratches are on the perspex caused by road grime till you polish them out and see the difference. Bill Ord

Hi David, Pete & Bill Hunting around i recken Fenwicks is the easiest to get hold of some i'm going to try that on a small section. Many thanks. Ive motorhomed and caravanned for over 30 years, sometimes down some very narrow roads in very remote locations and this is the first time this has happened - oh well, perhaps that will give me another 30 years without a repeat. Peter

Archived