Knaus

Sorry, this might be a bit late, but my wife and I have just come back from 3 weeks in Scotland in our new Knaus Ski Ti 650MF. It die everything we asked of it. There was a problem with a drawer catch pulling out of the draw and a wire snapped in the mixer tap in the kitchen area. The heating system is great with so many air outlets. The swivel wall in the shower/toilet compartment works well. Our model could just do with a little more worktop space, although we have worked out a system for pot drying. The front lounge with swivel seats and table work well. We wild camped on five occasions and the single leisure battery lasted well. I do not know what size it is because it is under the passenger seat and difficult to get at. The led lights help with preserving the charge. My main complaint with the van is the Fiat side of things. I find that the steering wheel is not even and the van pulls slightly to the left. Also there seems to be some play in the steering, which makes the van wander about somewhat. I find I am forever having to correct the steering. Two Fiat dealers will not do it under warranty because they say Fiat will not cover it as the van could have been curbed. I think Knaus build quality is on parr with other manufacturers, where they win out, is in the design and colour matching. 2015 miles on the clock now and around 27mpg, a bit off the 35mpg one of the caravan magazines said they got out of their test model.

ronecc - 2012-05-22 9:58 PM

. 2015 miles on the clock now and around 27mpg, a bit off the 35mpg one of the caravan magazines said they got out of their test model.

Not bad mpg straight out the box & you should see some improvement as you clock up the miles.

I suspect that the 35mpg stated by the magazine is based on the Speedo rather than fill to fill.

If the Euro5 model is anything like to Euro4, the speedo mpg figure is very optimistic.

In 3 years with or Euro4 actual mpg has never been has high as the speedo's indication.

Generally around 10% to 15%, but not the differential you are experiencing.

Archived