Oyster self seek sat dish

Hymer C 9.

Usually around 30 seconds will be the time for lock onto the satellite after moving to a new location. Had my system for 15 months and it's proved faultless. I've used it around France from as far east as Toulon and south into Spain in Murcia province. It will pick up all the stations on northern beam to just south of Barcelona and I switch to transponder 12207 in southern Spain where I have very limited choice as I don't subscribe to Sky only recieving the free to air channels plus ITV on the card which costs around £23 or did when I bought mine. In southern spain on the alternative transponder you will still recieve BBC radio one and two which I find usefull. Bill Ord

there doesn't seem to be any consistency with my system. sometimes, like bill, mine locks on quickly but sometimes i have to select the option to specify which region i'm in after it looks like it will never lock on. i find the instructions brain scrambling and am sure i'm not using the system to anywhere near it's capabilities. can get sky sports on the south bean at the bottom of italy & portugal the dish is much stronger & stable in high winds than my previous system - magisat. the makers, tenhaft (hope i've spelt that right) in germany, are very helpful by email and very helpful & welcoming if you visit. mike

[QUOTE]The makers, tenhaft (hope i've spelt that right) in germany, are very helpful by email and very helpful & welcoming if you visit. [/QUOTE] B-) I can vouch for that too. I met one of the owners at the Munich Show when they were first demonstrating the all-new Digital system which hadn't been put on the market at the time. I should have bought one then at a discount of around 35% from what you could buy here in the UK. :-(

Archived