Dumping grey waste

ham

Grey waste.. Last Sunday I was parked in a large lay by half a mile from Cardiff airport. When a 05 Nuevo pulls in to the lay bye and the owner gets out opens the dump valve then sits in his van watching all the waste water run along the lay bye. After 10 minutes he decides the tank is empty .yes it was gallons of grey waste all over the lay bye. But what he did not notice was the CCTV Cameras that turned to see what he was up to. I have just received a letter from the environment agency explaining that the camera also picked myself and 4 other vehicles in the lay bye and asking us for witness statements about a Motorhome dumping its waste water in the lay bye. Looks like is thoughtfulness is going to cost him. these cameras are on top off a large metal post and have been installed to monitor traffic around the airport approaches. They are monitored by the local authority, I have been told

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JudgeMental

Ha Ha Ha EXCELLENT! There are a few on here that think nothing wrong with this disgusting habit ...

Should do what C&E do, confiscate and destroy the van...

NEXT! :D

Guest pelmetman

Currently sat on a very nice site in the Dordogne with a bucket under my drain tap...... ;-)

But there's a hole in my bucket dear Eddie.........dear Eddie......dear Eddie a hole...... :D

Dumping grey water is a subtle art ;-)

Guest JudgeMental

subtle art? Pig lazy is what.......

I had that on site in Italy, where I repeatedly had to tell UK caravaner next door to close his drain. he did it eventually but only when i lost it with him (Northerner :-D)

Ah Hem - not all of us northerners are heathens you soft southern pansy! And if you'd 'lost it' with this northerner, then a bit of grey waste would be the least of your worries. Too many people sick their noses into other people's business, I find a broken nose stops that.

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2012-05-25 7:07 PM

subtle art? Pig lazy is what.......

I had that on site in Italy, where I repeatedly had to tell UK caravaner next door to close his drain. he did it eventually but only when i lost it with him (Northerner :-D)

Well I know Northerners are not subtle Eddie..........not wishing to offend any Northerners........As they cant elp it :D ...........BUT........has anyone who has spent time in France or Spain seen anyone apart from a dumb arse Brit drag a tank of grey water to an emptying point 8-) .........more importantly has anyone seen an emptying point for anyone else than motorhomes??..........and why is that?.........because we save it up..........and then have a massive dump as witnessed by the OP ;-)

ham - 2012-05-25 3:41 PM

Grey waste.. Last Sunday I was parked in a large lay by half a mile from Cardiff airport. When a 05 Nuevo pulls in to the lay bye and the owner gets out opens the dump valve then sits in his van watching all the waste water run along the lay bye. After 10 minutes he decides the tank is empty .yes it was gallons of grey waste all over the lay bye. But what he did not notice was the CCTV Cameras that turned to see what he was up to. I have just received a letter from the environment agency explaining that the camera also picked myself and 4 other vehicles in the lay bye and asking us for witness statements about a Motorhome dumping its waste water in the lay bye. Looks like is thoughtfulness is going to cost him. these cameras are on top off a large metal post and have been installed to monitor traffic around the airport approaches. They are monitored by the local authority, I have been told

I am not condoning indescriminate dumping of grey water by this ill mannered pratt but I wonder what offence the EA have in mind. My guess is depositing a noxious substance on the highway but unless someone promptly collected an uncontaminated sample what evidence is there of its noxious qualities.

The onus of proof always rests with the prosecution.

CCTV has its uses but it sometimes smacks of the onward march of big brother.

Guest pelmetman
George Collings - 2012-05-25 7:40 PM

ham - 2012-05-25 3:41 PM

I am not condoning indescriminate dumping of grey water by this ill mannered pratt but I wonder what offence the EA have in mind. My guess is depositing a noxious substance on the highway but unless someone promptly collected an uncontaminated sample what evidence is there of its noxious qualities.

Sounds to me like the cctv company is tax payer funded and trying to justify its existance *-)

Whilst not condoning dumping grey water and making a mess in a layby, why didn't he just dump it in a road drain in the layby? As it's only grey water what harm has he done? We are told during the drought to use washing up water on the garden etc so it can't be harmful can it?

Is it just the puritanical southerners who are self appointed health inspectors that don't like it, so it's wrong?

I can't see what the fuss is about if it is disposed of down a drain in a layby and doesn't make a mess everywhere.

Toilet waste yes-washing up water no! :-)

Grey water is mostly emulsified fats and a bit of food debris, all grist to the mill of umpteen bugs.

Dumped discretly down a drain it is probably much less harmfull than the mineral oil dripped from millions of vehicles that is also washed down land drains.

The prattish part was the bad manners of doing it where it could cause offence.

Bring back hanging for dumping black or toilet waste other than down a sewer capable of dealing with it.

Mike, I agree with you 100%, down a drain - what's the problem?

Well this is where the fun ( (!) ) starts, this issue needless to say has cropped up before and there are some folk out there who are positively evangelical about such matters.

Yes a point of view and opinion is fine, but good grief is it that big a problem if it's disposed of down a drain?

Martyn

Guest pelmetman

Sue's just done the washing up and emptied the bowl into the sink 8-) 8-) ..........OMG.......its in the bucket as I type......... 8-) 8-) ............what ever shall I do?.......I'd take another slurp from my wine......but I seem to have drunk it all so I'd better worry my grey water 8-) 8-) 8-) .........

Lifes a bitch sometimes *-)

George Collings - 2012-05-25 7:40 PM

The Environmental Protection Act of states that if a person drops, throws, deposits, or leaves anything that causes defacement in a public place they are committing a littering offence.

So they should have no problem securing a prosucution.When traveling in countryside we used to throw out apple cores for the wildlife, this is now considered a littering offence.

Could do with one of those camera's at layby next to one of our fields, it should be a lovely place for people to stop and see a sunset or park up for some lunch with great views, but people keep throwing plastic bags with empty sandwich boxs and such like out their windows, it's quite amazing how it builds up, and then when the wind blows all comes across the field.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/1549696.jpg

Guest Tracker
pelmetman - 2012-05-25 8:18 PM

Sue's just done the washing up and emptied the bowl into the sink 8-) 8-) ..........OMG.......its in the bucket as I type......... 8-) 8-) ............what ever shall I do?...........

Make a bigger hole in yer bucket dear Davey, dear Davey,

Don't sit on the damp patches dear Davey, dear Susie!

I cant see a problem with dumping grey water in a drain in a laybye. I shall ask my Southwest water friends what they think on it. For those who frown on such dumping of washing up water, did they never pee in a hedge or are they too posh for that sort of behaviour? Or is it just something us people from up Norf do??

Guest JudgeMental
Bolly1965 - 2012-05-25 7:14 PM

Ah Hem - not all of us northerners are heathens you soft southern pansy! And if you'd 'lost it' with this northerner, then a bit of grey waste would be the least of your worries. Too many people sick their noses into other people's business, I find a broken nose stops that.

And you are a prime example of an ignorant northern idiot... I can assure you poring smelly waste 10 feet away from me day in day out is my business.

Without seeming to be too 'evangelistic' ;-) , what's wrong with dumping it in the 'proper place' - use a Wastemaster to carry to the Grey Water Point, connect a hose to an on-site drain or use a drive over dump point.

Surely one of these simple methods cant be too much trouble. If it is, then I'm seriously worried about people and their lack of courtesy. Perhaps we can do away with all the facilities provided by sites/aires and get fee reduction, just like the leccy debate????

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2012-05-25 8:53 PM

pelmetman - 2012-05-25 8:18 PM

Sue's just done the washing up and emptied the bowl into the sink 8-) 8-) ..........OMG.......its in the bucket as I type......... 8-) 8-) ............what ever shall I do?...........

Make a bigger hole in yer bucket dear Davey, dear Davey,

Don't sit on the damp patches dear Davey, dear Susie!

Sorry Rich a bigger hole is not the answer ;-) ...........a subtle hole is the answer......something that leaks slowly and does not dribble down to Eddie is the answer...........any other answers on a postcard :D .........

As for whats in our cassette I'm thinking of selling that to the banks.........as those clever people will buy any old crap (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Oi Judge! I’m surprised your so fussy seeing as the water you drink in "that" London is your own Pi$$ that’s been recycled four times whereas the beautiful pure mountain spring water we have in the North Dales is hand pumped by young virgins straight to my tap! :D

Still. Its grim up north!! (lol)

nuevoboy - 2012-05-25 8:51 PM

Wonderful photograph Colin and woe betide anyone that despoils that view!

I must confess to that not being one I've taken, but was on google earth, our field(and the layby) is couple of yards from where this picture wass taken, I guess the photogragher parked in the layby , pretty much dead centre of photo is rose hill CC CL

Guest pelmetman
bolero boy - 2012-05-25 9:25 PM

Without seeming to be too 'evangelistic' ;-) , what's wrong with dumping it in the 'proper place' - use a Wastemaster to carry to the Grey Water Point, connect a hose to an on-site drain or use a drive over dump point.

Surely one of these simple methods cant be too much trouble. If it is, then I'm seriously worried about people and their lack of courtesy. Perhaps we can do away with all the facilities provided by sites/aires and get fee reduction, just like the leccy debate????

Has anyone seen a Frog tugger with a "Wastemaster"???

As the old saying goes........When in Rome Poo as the Romans Poo :D

Archived