Coarse Fishing in France

tugga

You have to have a Permit from each Departement that you wish to fish in. You can get temporary licences, don't know how much they are but the Licence for the Charente was about 54 euros a couple of years ago. Sorry can't give you more information.

Hi Cheryl,

Do NOT leave your fishing gear at home like you are suggesting.I fish in France every time we go there.

Yes, on some sites and in some places you have to have a local license, but these do vary in price according to how long you want one for, and also the area covered varies,the last one I bought was in South east france and that covered virtually all of the South of France. Mainly however I fish on sites with their own private lakes and such,on these the fishing is quite often free or you may just have to pay a small amount to fish.This is paid direct to the campsite. We try and select our sites on the basis of ones which have Fishing on them and it usually states whether or not a license is required.

Check this one out for instance-- La Croix du Vieux Pont.

I have had loads of fishing in France without paying anything.

Tight Lines

derek

Almost any fishing shop will be able to sell you a licence. B-) Watching fisher people fishing i dont think there are any fish left, 8-) only rumers *-)

To fish you must have the latest fashion wear several fishing rods and lots of support matirial including a fridge several bottles of rose(wine) :-| Thats what i see while parked next to water 8-)

spot on plumbersvan,take note Cheryl haha

there is nothing better than having the van parked right alongside a pretty lake with a drink or two and just relaxing while fishing,this is why I prefer the sites with their own fishing lakes on. Another advantage is that if there is a small charge to the site then you only need pay for the actual days you fish.

tight lines

derek

Archived