Auto Trail

redbarron

As has been said here already, the Media pack needs rethinking. Mine only shows rear views when in reverse gear. Not like Pioneer, which can show rear views of trailer whenever selected to do so. Had to buy another rear view camera kit to be effective. The SatNav packed up in Brussels ! Not a good place to drive 8.3 metre van around with assistance from the nav system. Lucky IPhone 4 works.

On first use, found water leaked from shower into living area, due to poorly connected waste pipe. Hope no damage to chipboard !

The layout is as wanted, and no complaints regarding finish inside, but decals peeling at edges !

Cheap Sat Nav spoiled the package.

• 2 weeks later...
We recently bought a auto-trail delaware with the media pack (big mistake) I should have done my homework, but expected it would be decent quality. Luckily did not go for the sat option as we have dish and tripod and use our sky dish from home. In our previous van (bolero 680fb) we attached an hd tele to swinging bracket that came with van and we got fantastic pictures. Now when I came to connect the sky box to our new media pack the fun began, as auto-trail only provides a 2.5mm jack socket on the media centre to input a signal. They furnish you with a lead which on one end is a 2.5mm jack plug and the other end is 3 phono female sockets coloured red white and yellow(video). This means you need a scart plug and lead with 3 male phono jacks to connect up(a right proper bodge up). When connected a picture is shown on the small touchscreen when the unit is in aux mode but not on the drop down tv monitor which only works in DVB-T mode. Can anybody help me and point out where I'm going wrong cos theres no place to put a proper tv in the van.

My understanding is that your sat system needs to wired in properly and played through AV2. Mind you it is a crap system. We love our AutoTrail but do wish we had never wasted near £1,000 on the entertainment system. I have wired a TV outlet to the front enabling us put an Avtex on the small front swing table.

Wingpete - 2012-06-10 5:23 PM

As has been said here already, the Media pack needs rethinking. Mine only shows rear views when in reverse gear. Not like Pioneer, which can show rear views of trailer whenever selected to do so. Had to buy another rear view camera kit to be effective. The SatNav packed up in Brussels ! Not a good place to drive 8.3 metre van around with assistance from the nav system. Lucky IPhone 4 works.

On first use, found water leaked from shower into living area, due to poorly connected waste pipe. Hope no damage to chipboard !

The layout is as wanted, and no complaints regarding finish inside, but decals peeling at edges !

Cheap Sat Nav spoiled the package.

Nice man from Johns Cross told me about your sat nav problem while they were fitting the third dash unit to our system. To be fair to AutoTrail they did replace it under warranty despite the fact the one year warranty on the unit had expired. The reason you can only use it in reverse is that it is classified as an entertainment system which would make using it illegal. Simple rear view cameras which do not incorporate TV DVD etc. are fine to use whilst driving. AutoTrail should ditch this troublesome and poorly performing unit and replace it with a simple drop down TV/DVD player with a separate rear view camera that can be used on the move. I have spoken to a lot of owners on site (at least 20) and all wish they had never layed out nearly £1000 for what is essentially a crap system!

I have limited experience of Auto Trail but when we were looking to buy our last van we looked at the auto trail excel and have to say we thought the build quality was poor.I spoke to one dealer who agreed with me and said he wouldn't have them on his fore court.

Archived