hello again to everyone from posts before december

berti

glad to see that several of the old contributors are still on the site and hope everyone has had safe and happy travels. am looking forward to reading don madge's account..always very informative and interesting !! the site looks a bit different from before...not sure how my limited skills will cope..but ,hey , i have managed to do a post so i must be improving .. we arrived back in april from our winter travels to france/spain which were a bit of a mixed bag !! have had lots to sort out since coming back so have not been posting but will be with a vengeance now as i have made the decision to semi-retire in september and see if 6 mths work can support a new lifestyle. not sure yet how we will be structuring the year as we will be on a set (small) budget and are keeping the house ( and all the bills) so this will be a trial run for a year to see if we really like it and cost it realistically before committing ourselves to any other options. any comments will be appreciated kind regards berti (and jeanie )

Welcome back Bertie, We've only been back a couple of weeks ourselves, some of the old hands are still posting but there's quite a few new ones. Won't be posting too mnay of our travel report in the near future. BP gone through the roof and I'm going for a ECG tomorrow. We have decided to cut back on the long trips for the time being. I found it a bit hard going at times over last winter so we have decided to have a gentle change of direction In OZ last year we really enjoyed the train and coach trips (sad aint we) so we are trying a train trip to Istanbul in September. Look forward to your post. Safe travelling Don

Archived