Sun camp awning

ips

pepe63 - 2012-06-19 5:07 PM

I'd be careful about putting too much strain on the windout latches(..after all,they were only designed to keep the thing closed...not to take any tension put upon it by a seperate awning..)

Our current van has an Omnistor windout,which means I can't carry out the mod' that I did with our previous Fiamma...but instead,once we've got our porch awning(or Easicanopi)attached and wound back in,I secure the ends with a pair of small luggage straps...this helps take any strain..

(..and No!..I'm not going to try and load a photo of it... (lol) (lol) )

That depends on your canopy make. My Omnistor has security locks, ostensibly provided for safety on the move but also useful for releaving any tension from the winding gear. If any tension is applied to the winding gear depends on the order in which you erect your 'tent'

ips - 2012-06-13 9:21 AM

Main reason for post is that in the bag are some clamps and we have no idea what they are for the manual reads as follows "fixing clamps and locating bar included" any ideas what they are for ?

I think you'll find they are for fixing to the rain gutter (if fitted) on panel vans .

T8LEY - 2012-06-19 5:28 PM

.... My Omnistor has security locks, ostensibly provided for safety on the move but also useful for releaving any tension from the winding gear....

Mornin' T8LEY...

Can I be cheeky and ask what these "security locks" are please..?...are they something you've fitted youself..? :-S

(..In the past,I have considered fitting a pair of adjustable "over-centre" latches"...)

Thanks

Chris

Morning Chris,

The security locks are OE not fitted by me. They are intended as transit locks. Once the awning is closed,the front frame is bolted automatically by the locks at both ends. The locks are automatically unbolted when the awning is opened using the telescopic handle. I do believe there are manual versions of this arrangement, which may be worth investigating if you don't already have the facility.

Hope this helps T

Oh, I see..I misunderstood,I thought they were external "add ons".. :$

Our current Omnistor may/will have them already then..?

Having said that,on the few occassions we use an awning/canopy (..fitted into the windout awning groove),I tend not to close it 'til it latches,for fear of forcing and breaking something..

Archived