Motorhome parking in Reading and Exeter

Nicola

We would be grateful if anyone could assist with parking suggestions for our motorhome in Reading and in Exeter this summer. We are due to attend a wedding at China Palace, 43-45 Oxford Road, Reading on Sunday 26th August and would like to park our ‘van within walking distance of this location if possible. We have a self-contained sub 6 metre low profile Fiat Challenger and would be staying for one night and have no need for facilities. Given that we have a toddler, our main requirement is security. We will also be visiting family in Landsdowne Terrace, Exeter, the following week and will again need somewhere to park nearby.

Guest Tracker

Have you considered park and ride?

I don't know about Reading but you used to be able to park a high vehicle in one of Exeter's park and rides - but I can't remember which one!!

Given that the said location (in Reading) is very much in the Town Centre, and Reading isn't the easiest of places to park anyway (let alone overnight), the only viable option I can see is if someone offers space on their drive (....and given the nature of the posting, I wonder whether this was the target ;-) )

In reality, if I had a "do" to attend in the centre of Reading, whilst possibly not what you want, I'd book the night on the CC site at Henley, and use the train to travel there and back (the buses are viable, but not after early to mid-evening. The trains (change at Twyford) run just about as late as you would want them to, and are not expensive for a Day Return (£4.40 per person).

The walk from the CC site to the station at Henley is a bit of a trek (especially if wet :-( ) , but pavement all the way. Reading (central) Station to your Oxford Road location is a short stroll.

All this from recent and repeat experience of doing it.

Hello Nicola,

I would not advise parking in Reading centre especially in the Oxford Road area.

There is a Motorhome dealer in Reading not too far from Oxford Road, they are Webbs you could try asking them if they could help, ie parking on their premisis.

Archived