Where did you get your plastic storage boxes from?

kevandali

Guest pelmetman

As Dave has already mentioned we use a couple of old icecream containers for keeping the likes of olive oil, white wine vingegar etc in overhead lockers in kitchen but funnily enough today we have been to B&Q and bought 3 large plastic containers (80 litres each) with lids and a couple of smaller boxes to fit out our trailer for when we go long terming, we keep on adding to our multiple list of things we'll need to take on our travels.

The three large boxes will be for clothes and the smaller ones for kitchen equipment.

Apart from kitchen lockers can't really see the point in having boxes in van as surely they all add to weight. But going through our long lists are realising that going for a few weeks/months is nothing like the stuff we'll need for long terming.

Sue

We have had boxes from The Range, IKEA, Homebase, Poundland etc etc but the latest ones we have found are the best yet. They were at B & Q and we started with a couple to try. They were so good that we went back but they had sold out. We tracked some on the web and found various suppliers such as Staples and Rymans. The web site is as follows:-

www.reallyusefulbox.com

Really wide selection and reasonably priced too. They also stack in the garage.

Thanks for all the info, our main problem is that the overhead lockers are quiet deep and could really do with shelves that split the lockers in half, our/my better half's original idea was to try and get hold of plastic storage boxes of the correct size with lids, that way, we can just lift them down when needed. Might even consider making my own shelves if I can get the correct colour match? our neighbour is dead handy with wood so maybe a casual mention of my plans will be all it takes for him to make it his 'special project' :-)

Guest Tracker
kevandali - 2012-06-10 10:36 PM

Might even consider making my own shelves if I can get the correct colour match? our neighbour is dead handy with wood so maybe a casual mention of my plans will be all it takes for him to make it his 'special project' :-)

As the shelves will be unseen by anyone other than yourselves the colour match does not need to be exact and I find Conti board from B&Q to be as good as any as it comes with colour matched edges which is the only bit that will show and only then when the locker door is open!

For support brackets I use these which are available in any decent diy shed -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=plastic+block+shelf+supports

It is easy to measure and cut the board and to screw blocks to the sides at a suitable height.

Archived