Chausson Shower Door

denkate

Hi all,

My name is Dennis and my wife is Kate hence the log in denkate, We have had a Motorhome for the last 5 years changing my Pioneer last year for a Chausson Flash 04. I have followed this forum since buying our Chausson. While on Holiday in France on our way to Spain we stopped at an Aies and bump into Mel B and hubby chatting about the Motorhome I find that their Shower door had came unglued that very day ours had came unglued 2 days earlier, I E-Mailed Chausson in France telling them of my problem but had no reply, I have silicon the door back on while in Spain, 3 weeks later as we started for home I E-Mailed Chausson again but still no reply, Since arriving home the other part of the shower door has started to come unglued the adhesive they have used dose not seem to adhered to the doors only the hinge channel. E-Mailed again but still no reply, has any one else had a problem with the shower door, or no reply from Chausson when you have E-Mailed them. Sorry to bore you all with my problem for my first time on this forum.

Many Thanks Denkate.

I remember mel mentioning this fault and to honest I dint then and still dont understand it. I think your door must be different to mine cos nothing has or can (as far as I can see) come unstuck. Dont spose you have a pic of the offending door.

Hi Dennis & welcome to the forum.(aka the Mad House)

Mel B is sure to be along soon, as she is a regular on the forum.

You don't say how old your Chausson Flash is ?

If new when purchased the problem should be refered to the Dealer in the first instance, under warranty.

If purchased as Used, it may still be under the Dealer warranty, depending on how long they gave.

Hi Dennis & Kate!!!! :-> Hope you had a nice holiday in France.

Flicka - Dennis has the same model of van as us (2010); the earlier 2009 version which ips owns has a different bathroom to the one we have, see below pictures, 2009 and 2010 respectively.

Both bathrooms have a similar circular shower screen though, but as I haven't seen a 2009 version in the flesh I can't say if it is 'stuck' together in the same way.

However, as I mentioned in an earlier thread (although I'm blowed if I can find it *-) ) with part of our screen coming unstuck and then damaging the shower tray I've removed the loose part completely and now have a shower curtain instead which works much better than the actual screen.

378739113_Flash042009.jpg.44473e97f9dc24992701015918dee16b.jpg

208861765_Flash042010.jpg.51a93f18bc3c3c335c92397fdc615c3d.jpg

Dennis - as touched upon above, be careful your shower door doesn't come unstuck in transit - when I was cleaning our van after we got home I found a small 'crack' (quadrant shape) in the shower tray which the leading edge of the screen must have hit caused when it dropped. I've sealed it up and hopefully no water got in when we were using it on our travels (no signs of anything amiss).

Hi and welcome.
We had a problem with our Flash 04 shower screen with the plastic living hinges spitting (due to the poor retention straps fitted as standard) these were replaced by the dealer but fitted by me. I have stuck them to the screens using Cyanoacrylate  (superglue) by easing the channel away from the screen with a plastic knife and pushing the glue nozzle into the space to apply the glue. This was done at the top bottom and the middle area it seems to have stuck very well with no slipping or pulling out. Hope this helps, and dont hold your breath waiting for a reply from Chausson i suspect it will never come.
Dave

Changing the shower 'door' to a curtain is a really good idea and a lot more flexible than the current arrangement. Where did you get the runners to go on the rail to attach to the shower curtain?

This would be a lot cheaper for a manufacturer and it makes one wonder why they do not subscribe to or monitor forums like this. :-D

We have found our shower to be very usable as it is, and personally we both hate shower curtains. Our shower room is as the top pic on mels post so older model with different door hence we have not had same prob. Looked at the facelift 04 last week at highbridge some bits we like some we didnt.

silver cab we liked but no more than our white one

skylight over cab we liked however the loss of the front locker would be a concern

shower sink we like as more usable than our corner job

shower tray we liked cos extra drain fitted which is a problem on ours

locker rear of toilet we didnt like as no lid anymore just a hole

sockets / ariel socket tv bracket etc we didnt like as now only one 12v ours has two

new price of 40k list we like as makes ours worth more if we ever change :-D

still think it needs a window in the door or the front of door

ips - 2012-06-13 10:42 AM

We have found our shower to be very usable as it is, and personally we both hate shower curtains. Our shower room is as the top pic on mels post so older model with different door hence we have not had same prob. Looked at the facelift 04 last week at highbridge some bits we like some we didnt.

silver cab we liked but no more than our white one

skylight over cab we liked however the loss of the front locker would be a concern

shower sink we like as more usable than our corner job

shower tray we liked cos extra drain fitted which is a problem on ours

locker rear of toilet we didnt like as no lid anymore just a hole

sockets / ariel socket tv bracket etc we didnt like as now only one 12v ours has two

new price of 40k list we like as makes ours worth more if we ever change :-D

still think it needs a window in the door or the front of door

As per above, the overcab window 'looks' nice but the loss ofthe front locker (aka glory hole) would rule out the revised MH for us as it is one of the reasons why we bought it in the first place; we do have two 12v sockets and the aerial socket at the front offisde corner of our MH so it must be a recent change to omit one of these, we did however add another ourselves at the rear near the bed for when we watch TV there. Also agree about the window in the habitation door or just in front of it, but then we would loose the hanging space for our coats, or the storage and flyscreen no the door .... compromises have to be made somewhere I suppose! :-S

Hawcara - 2012-06-12 2:49 PM

Changing the shower 'door' to a curtain is a really good idea and a lot more flexible than the current arrangement. Where did you get the runners to go on the rail to attach to the shower curtain?

This would be a lot cheaper for a manufacturer and it makes one wonder why they do not subscribe to or monitor forums like this. :-D

I haven't actually removed the whole of the existing rigid shower screen, just the folding part that had already dropped off, leaving the curved part still in place on it's runners/rail. I have looped a piece of cord round the middle runner which hangs down on the outside of the curved bit of the screen and also attached a suction hook to the upper part of the plastic wall panel on the right side of the sink. The shower curtain is already half the width of a 'normal' one and I've put some normal shower curtain 'hooks' through the rings at either end of the curtain (the curtain is one I already use to make a private area in the gangway for when we are getting changed/dried before/after canoeing so I didn't have to actually make one which was a good job seeing as we had to use it when on holiday after the folding part had dropped off!!!!! 8-) ).

In use, the curved part of the screen is then pulled round as normal and one end of the shower curtain is hooked onto the cord (on the outside of the screen), and the other end hung onto the suction hook. The shower curtain has a 'draw string' on it (as you would find on a normal pair of curtains) so I have been able to get it taught so it doesn't sag, however, if you make the width of your shower curtain the size you need anyway this would prevent this. An alternative would be to thread some cord through the shower curtain rings with hooks on either end of the cord and, by making the cord the exact length you need this would then allow the curtain to be pushed to the side along the cord when in use, rather than having to unhook it - I may do this myself instead anyway. When we aren't taking a shower the curtain is simply removed and folded (it does go very small) and stored in the 'cubby' behind the toilet.

.... thinking about this further, if you have a hook that is small enough to go round the centre runner of the screen, you can do away with the piece of cord completely (I didn't have a small enough one at the time, hence the cord).

Another method of attachment would be to use some sticky velcro: put the fluffy part on either end of the shower curtain and the hook part on the screen and wall panel and just stick it on when you want to use the shower.

You could also put some more velcro on the inside of the shower screen, where the folding panel would normally be stored, and hang the curtain there when not in use, or just remove it and fold it up (this is why it is important not to put the hook part on the curtain as you can bet it would get caught on something whilst you are folding it!). As the shower curtain is easily removed, you could also hang it outside to dry rather than leave it dripping in the washroom.

If you do use sticky velcro, in the future when you are changing your MH you can, if you wish, easily remove the sticky velcro and put the original rigid folding part of the screen back in situ.

I think I'll stop thinking about this now and leave you to 'play'! :D

18 month old van with 2 year warranty: DEALER!

Even if outside the warranty period DEALER!

The goods should be fit for purpose, shower screens that self destruct after 18 months, or even 24 months, are not fit for purpose.

Don't contact Chausson, you didn't buy from them, and they have no contractual liability for your van, it is the dealer's job to deal with Chausson, from whom they acquired the van. Besides which, the Trigano group companies as a whole (with a few noble exceptions) don't have the best of customer relations reputations, including in France, so e-mailing them is a bit of a waste of time.

Archived