Deal done

flicka

Yeah, we found a van which will accomodate the "Beast" (aka wife's electric wheelchair)

Layout workable & in some ways better (for our requirements) than the Autocruise Sportstar, but like any Motorhome there are compromises to live with., (Only Gas Heating for Habitation & Water, No Oven/Grill - so minor in reality). Although it has a high level microwave, so I'll investigate relocating that.

Having the "goodies" fitted & delivery before the end of the month (due to availability of 3rd party to fit the Person Hoist in cab), hopefully the weather will be kind & we have chance to iron out any niggles before France at end August.

What we got ??

Adria Sport S572SL, 2.3L,130bhp 6speed. 6.6m

Guest JudgeMental

Great news and well done! Adria build very nice vans......

So where are you going to catch some sunshine...you will also need an e bike to keep up with the wife! :-D

and here it is:

Well Done

Had one parked next to us in Peniscola last month, looked a nice size. This one was Swedish plated.

Hope you get it all ready for your trip, pity you can't get away now, as weather great here in SW France, seen all the RAIN on the telly in UK, not in a hurry to rush back

Guest JudgeMental
PJay - 2012-06-11 4:01 PM

Well Done

Had one parked next to us in Peniscola last month, looked a nice size. This one was Swedish plated.

Hope you get it all ready for your trip, pity you can't get away now, as weather great here in SW France, seen all the RAIN on the telly in UK, not in a hurry to rush back

Company I bought my Adria from in Germany sell a lot to swedes who fly down and drive back..there was a very nice couple there when we picked ours up. Swedish prices nearly as bad UK if that's possible.... :-D

Thanks for the link Eddie.

As soon as we signed on the dotted line & before I got home to download the photo's.

the Dealer took it off their website.

We had a look at lots of Vans with Garages, but many are over 7m long, which I feel are too restrictive for in-town use.

Others had only one garage door, so once the Wheelchair is inside there is nowhere to put the Ramps away.

As we haven't been out much this year so far, it will get used with a vengence once we take delivery, irrespective of the weather, as the Electric Wheelchair (& me) won't be getting soaking wet whilst dismantling / assembling it.

Archived