Breakdown Recovery

joebra2

Hi, ours is included with the insurance through Safeguard, I don't know who they use but i do know that a lot of companies use Green Flag albeit they sell the policies under their own names, it may be worth asking who they actually use, also the other point you need to take into account is that some of the major breakdown companies (and proberbly some of the minor ones also) will only handle vehicles upto a certain size and weight so double check that before you buy ? hope that helps Brian

I've got my breakdown/recovery through my insurers (Comfort/Norwich Union) it's covered by the RAC. It appears there are no weight restrictions if you do it through your insurers/club, I could be wrong of course. There's also the age of the van to be considered premiums are payable over a certain age. You have to take into account where you will be travelling to. Not all of them will cover you for places like Morocco/Turkey. It's a bit of a minefield out there and you need to study the small print very carefully. Try looking at http://www.whichbreakdown.co.uk/europeancover.php http://www.internationalbreakdown.com/ I hope this helps. Don

Hi, David Thanks for the info, I thought they used the AA but wasn't sure ?? who did they use for you in France ? was it still the AA. we had a problem with our car last year in Germany and were insured with Tesco and they used Green Flag to recover the vehicle back to the UK? Brian

Hi, Wingpete you are correct if you go to them direct, however a number of the one that are purchased through either Clubs or with your insurance appear to have been able to secure deals that will allow bigger vehicles, I think the AA for one has a fleet arrangement with Fiat for warrantee breakdowns and as meantioned about Safeguard use the AA and there is no limit to my knowledge with them Brian

Archived