Over Winter Insurance

enodreven

Hi, our insurance appears to only cover us for max 90 days away, does anyone know if that means we have to bring the MH back to the UK or is there another way around this, as our intentions were to over winter in Spain but when we needed we would leave the van on the site and fly home as we felt this would be OK for the travel insurance ? but are now concerned if it would be OK for the MH insurance ? any help or advice would be welcome Brian

[QUOTE]enodreven - 2006-06-19 9:12 PM Hi, our insurance appears to only cover us for max 90 days away, does anyone know if that means we have to bring the MH back to the UK or is there another way around this, as our intentions were to over winter in Spain but when we needed we would leave the van on the site and fly home as we felt this would be OK for the travel insurance ? but are now concerned if it would be OK for the MH insurance ? any help or advice would be welcome Brian[/QUOTE] Brian, My van insurance (with Comfort NU) does not allow the van to be out of my charge for more than 48 hours while abroad unless I get approval before hand. They will not sanction the van being left on a camp site while you fly home. You can take a chance and leave it and you would most likely have no problems. Friends of ours fly home from Portugal every Christmas and leave their van at one of the secure car hire compounds at Faro airport. This is quite excepable to their insurers. We have 365 day cover for the van abroad and have the option of 90/120/180 days on the personal/travel/medical insurance. Don

Hi, Don Thanks for the info, i will check with Safeguard what their requirements are regarding leaveing the van as we have friends who live near where we intend to stay and perhaps Safeguard will accept if we leave it with them ?? albeit i don't quite know where they will park it perhaps i can add them to the insurance and they can use it for a week while we are back in the UK Brian

Archived