European Breakdown Insurance

Geoff Bell

I've just booked my first trip to France and I need to sort out some Breakdown Insurance. Ive read everything on the Forum and need to sort the wood from the trees. I have a new 7mtr long 3850kg gross, Transit based motorhome. I want to cover for the trip only as I don't know how often I will be travelling abroad. RAC cover me at the moment for UK only as part of the new purchase package. I want a package that will re-patriate everything if roadside is not possible. If you have a similar set up to me, who does a good deal? Thanks in anticipation.

Best one as stand alone package would be CC club or Camp and C club unless your insurance company does it.. We have ours as a complete package with Safeguard insurance as we have also just taken out annual travel insurance with them as my husband is now over 65 so they were the cheapest.

[QUOTE]Wingpete - 2006-06-20 12:56 PM I went to Brittania Rescue, as being the only firm to recover 'vans of that size/weight.[/QUOTE] It seems that if you take the recovery/breakdown package offered by your insurers the weight/length problem does not apply. Another anomaly is the RAC don't cover Morocco, I have cover by them in Morocco because I obtained my cover through my insurers (Comfort NU). A friend tried the RAC direct and was told they don't cover Morocco. The same applies to Turkey. I can only assume that they sub contract in those countries. It's a minefield out there. Don

Archived