Cassette loo

gwyn

Guest pelmetman

I use one of these............also useful for dragging the beer and vino back from the shops ;-)............prior to filling the cassette :D

Rolson Tools 68900 Folding Boot Cart Capacity 25 kg by Rolson (DIY & Tools)

Buy new:£21.00 £9.99

10 new from £8.50 1 used from £10.29

Get it by Monday, Jun 18 if you order in the next 43 hours and choose express delivery.

(101)

Eligible for FREE Super Saver Delivery.

DIY & Tools: See all 11 items

gwyn - 2012-06-15 8:03 PM

Can anyone tell me if its possible to change a non wheeled cassette toilet for a wheeled one or are they different sizes that wouldn't fit in the existing housing?

I can't decide whether you're on about changing the WHOLE of the toilet, or just the cassette and using the existing toilet, if the former it seems a bit excessive just to get some wheels on your cassette, if the latter, I doubt it as the cassettes are specific to the make/model of toilet. Our toilet (Thetford C250) has a wheeled cassette but the trade off for this is that the capacity is reduced, if we had the option, we'd prefer a larger cassette and use a folding trolley.

An alternative to the trolley that pelmetman suggests is a folding shopping trolley - one that you can remove the 'bag' part from, tha - way you have the option of a toilet cassette trolley or a shopping trolley so it has 2 uses, they are often less bulky and much lighter too - if you have any good car boot sales you should be able to pick one up for a few quid.

We have a wheeled cassett tank and never found the wheels much use as the towing handle is too short for me, (6ft 1in ) So I always carry it and empty daily, as we use a SOG unit, no chemicals, best kit I have ever bought, but thats another subject.

Locoman, Mid- Devon

Whoever decided to put wheels on these things needs to try hauling one over a muddy field. Are we really expected to refit the cassette complete with great clumps of mud, or are we supposed to wash it off somehow? Stupid idea.

Even though i've got wheels, I use a lightweight trolley (Homebase) and it's a lot quicker and easier. I'm also tempted to glue my handle in place to stop it unfastening when I'm emptying. Lousy design. If I could I would do the reverse of what you are suggesting and do away with the wheels altogether.

Guest peter
locoman - 2012-06-17 4:32 PM

We have a wheeled cassett tank and never found the wheels much use as the towing handle is too short for me, (6ft 1in ) So I always carry it and empty daily, as we use a SOG unit, no chemicals, best kit I have ever bought, but thats another subject.

Locoman, Mid- Devon

Have you ever stood behing someone emptying a SOG equiped toilet. :D

Stink 1.bmp

everhopeful - 2012-06-17 8:16 PM

Whoever decided to put wheels on these things needs to try hauling one over a muddy field. Are we really expected to refit the cassette complete with great clumps of mud, or are we supposed to wash it off somehow? Stupid idea.

Then carry it dear Liza, dear Liza..............

Archived